PDA

View Full Version : Terminology question

CLS
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Out of a two TE look, I need help with terminology...I want to be able to split either or both TE's out then shift them back to a TE position...So start one side in an open look and shift that to a regular TE positon..Like this:

TE.................T...G...C...G...T...TE......... ..............

To this:

...................TE...G...C...G...T............. .................TE

Or This:

TE...................T...G...C...G...T............ ...............TE

To this:
....................TE...T...C...G...T...TE

We are a no huddle wing-t team and I think this could give a defense some fits..However, I don't want to huddle to do this so I'm looking for a cue word or phrase that I can use that's not to wordy...

Thanks in advance

james
02-02-2010, 02:09 PM
We call it "Slide to" when no one crosses the center of our formation.

David McDonald
02-02-2010, 02:11 PM
We also are no huddle. Our normal double slot is 500 formation. If we want to change personel and put in TE's for the two SE's we call that "Heavy". So in your bottom diagram we would call Heavy personel, signal Heavy 500. Our word for when we reduce a formation is "Squeez To". So we would signal "Heavy 500 Squeez to Tight 500". We would then signal our play. Our guys would line up in Heavy 500, then on "shift" would squeez to tight 500. Your top diagram I Think is missing some a players so I was a little confused. If you edit, I think I can answer that one too. I hope this helps. Dave

CoachWilliams
02-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Our basic Formations with the TE right is 400, TE left is 600. Anytime we trade or shift they align opposite the call...

Your top formation we would call Shift to Heavy 400.

The bottom would be shift to 500.

Anytime we cross the formation is trade to...anytime we "yo-yo" it would be trade back to...

Hope this helps.

Tiger3
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Coach we use the following:

Loose: when we want our TE to ALIGN split out

Open: when we want the TE to SHIFT to a split out alignment

Close: when we want our TE to SHIFT to a tight alignment

Slide: SHIFTS both ends from their pre-snap alignment

Examples:

Loose Right Closed - TE would align split and shift to a TE spot
Red Open - TE Would align tight and shift to a split out alignment
Red Slide - SE would shift to tight alignment & TE would split out (so this would move you from red to blue)