PDA

View Full Version : 7 tech on 34/36 Counter- Tackle Trap

bucksweep
09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
We are having a problem with the 7 tech in a 44 stopping on 34/36 Counter. We get everyone blocked but the the 7 tech has been making the play. I tried to have the Te get inside and block him but that seemed to make it worse. We can pin him all day on waggle to the TE side but I was looking for ideas.

coachie
09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
136 - lt pull trap, lg- double dt with c, c- double to bsilb, rg- pull ko 7tech, rt silb, te- olb

bucksweep
09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
who has the other inside lb

coachie
09-02-2010, 08:03 PM
The center or guard does. He and the guard double the dt and knock him into the lb. The counter action in the backfield should move that ilb in the wrong direction taking him out of the play. One of those 2 guys could come off onto him (the center preferably) or he runs himself out of the play tackling the fb. I like to run this to a wb cause the lb really doesnt see him at all. All he sees is full flow.

texman
09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Using Delaware System And Running 134 Ct. I Would Block Rt Guard On The Linebacker And Give My Rt Tackle An Area Assigment To Prevent That 7 Tech. From Making That Play.the Guard Must Use A Good Escape Move To Get To That Level To Block That Backer.

lewjohnston
09-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I would suggest running it from Red/Blue as opposed to 100/900... being in the slot "hides" him.
Secondly, I would think that that 7 tech must be FLYING! if he can get down that far, that fast. I (and I feel silly telling You, Bryan... as much as you know about the System!)... but, it is a much faster hitting play than some people coach it up to be! That slot does NOT have to wait... he just comes flying and cuts it on the landmark of the C's butt.
Third: OT's rule on Trap AND Counter is: Near LB! You can influence pull the OG and kick out the DE, but I wouldn't go changing any rules. I've even seen OG show pass set (quickly!) to draw DT up the field, then attack the DE. But in your case, I think I'd just pull and go kick out!
Lew

jsanny
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Run it to the SE side & have the FB block him.

bucksweep
09-08-2010, 08:14 AM
I would suggest running it from Red/Blue as opposed to 100/900... being in the slot "hides" him.
Secondly, I would think that that 7 tech must be FLYING! if he can get down that far, that fast. I (and I feel silly telling You, Bryan... as much as you know about the System!)... but, it is a much faster hitting play than some people coach it up to be! That slot does NOT have to wait... he just comes flying and cuts it on the landmark of the C's butt.
Third: OT's rule on Trap AND Counter is: Near LB! You can influence pull the OG and kick out the DE, but I wouldn't go changing any rules. I've even seen OG show pass set (quickly!) to draw DT up the field, then attack the DE. But in your case, I think I'd just pull and go kick out!
Lew

Thanks Coach that probably is our problem that we are not hitting it up inside quick enough.

Bryan

JWright
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Coach
Here is a good solution:
Run Sally with the tackle wrapping. The guard draw blocks the three tech and the tackle draw blocks the 7 tech and the wrapping tackle then gets PSLB. It works awesome for us
Good Luck
Coach Wright
PS: Why try to put a square peg in a round whole. In other words, use their aggression against them.

fbwingnut
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Coach, do you "flex" the TE vs. a 7 Tech to see what adjustment he makes?
If he widens 134 CT. should be a good play using basic Del. block scheme.
If he doesn't, he is very vulnerable to be blocked inside- run outside.

That being said, if he plays hard to the inside, using a 100 form., have the TE go down to the ILB (he should "lean" to the FB direction), have the RT block down on the "3 tech", have the RG pull and short trap (KO) the "7 tech" and everyone from C to backside G and T block normal 34 Ct rules except backside T has "Fire-On-Backer". If they move the "3" to an inside "1", RG blocks him and RT kicks out "7", key is TE getting to ILB.
Just a thought.

bucksweep
09-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Good thought coach.