PDA

View Full Version : Bull & Bear

gewingt
11-19-2010, 09:51 AM
We put in both at same time (I read people call this caveman) - I like it - this is a great change up! We are facing a 5-2 - what adjustments have you seen from 5-2 & what did you run to those adjustments? Thank You

CoachNash
11-19-2010, 12:40 PM
What is bull and bear?

coachmorris
11-19-2010, 02:06 PM
coach we ran this a couple of times over previous seasons there was no adjustments. We do it against 50 front teams.If they do adjust and slide their front - now they are not playing their defense. almost like adjusting to unbalanced. have different formations in place for example bull/bear strong bull/bear red bull/bear and also have some plays that go away from the bull/bear back. One of my favorites is strnong bear this is double tight bear is between rt guard and tackle fb behind qb in normal spot rh behind tackle in normal spot we then run bear belly trap tp the 6 hole so fb and rh does their belly to the right , qb reverse pivots just like blly to rt but hand it to the bear back underneath. line blocks 36 guard trap the belly motion keeps backside lber from attacking line of scrimm. makes an easier block for left tackle. run belly to the right a couple of times - then run this play big yardage.

kylem56
11-20-2010, 09:32 PM
We used this formation in a couple games vs. 5-2 defenses this season. We probaly didn't use it enough realy but we are a base full house T team that will use some wing-t formations as a change up. We only ran belly & rocket out of it.
The defensive adjustments we saw were:
- pinch hard by TNTs that eventually lead to them getting into a double eagle front.
- to the "bear/bull" side, they kept the regular 0,4,9 look, backside they had their 4 tech DT become a 2 tech who tried to cross the BSG's face every play