PDA

View Full Version : jet, down keep pass

ram52
02-14-2008, 10:42 AM
does anyone run down keep pass off of jet action by keeping TE in, sending playside wing on flag and having jet man sprint into flat?

David McDonald
02-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Coach, This is a very good concept versus a cover 2 look. I would suggest a slight modification. Against a 2 shell with a squat corner, I would have your tight end inside release to make it look like down and run directly at the half defender in front of him. He is trying to hold that safety as long as he can on the hash. The TE should drive his route 16-18 yards and then come back directly down his stem. Have the wing pick a spot 23 yards from the LOS on the sideline. He should run directly on an angle to that point looking over his outside shoulder. This is not a flag route but we call it a "fade or deep bench" concept. The Jet man runs directly to the flat picking a point 4 yards from the LOS. The QB should execute belly keep pass footwork with his first read being the Jet man in the flat. IF the Jet man is covered by the squat corner the wing back should be open on the deep bench route. The TE should of held the safety just long enough to make a "grass throw" for the QB to the wing. This is a Great Smash Concept and should work well for you. The full back should run as fast as he can looking like down and he is responsable for blocking the last man on the LOS. Bruce Cobleigh has perfected "Bunch Passing" concepts off Jet motion and has some very good materials. Let me know if I can help. Good Luck!! David

ram52
02-14-2008, 11:48 AM
thanks coach,