PDA

View Full Version : 23 hb trap

coachie
02-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Does anyone have any information on how the hb trap is executed. I'm looking to add a long trap. I know that it must be an underneath handoff to the hb, but what about the rest of the play. I seem to remember someone at one time was having the fb take his trap course but then wrap around the double team and lead through the hole. The guard kicks out, the fb wraps through, the hb gets the underneath handoff. Is this possible? Is the angle for the fb wrap too sharp? does anyone do this or another variation of the play? Thanks.

msm
02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
coach we run a 23-27 guard trap vs the even fronts we like to move the gt out a hole if the dt is closing down to hard. vs the 43 from 100 formation we would call 123 gt m
TE blocks down for mlb
PST doubles down on dt
PSG blocks dt
Center blocks backside "A" gap
BSG pulls kicks out de
BST shut off
FB fills the mid line
RHB m motion comes back just past his setback position stops and leads up on the olb
LHB ball carrier cross over step with left foot - step with right foot and on his third step angles for the outside leg of his PSG these are very quick steps
QB reverse out over the mid line on his second step pivot back for inside hand off
hope this helps you in some way
Joe Sells
Malvern Prep

coachie
02-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Is the qb opening to his right, away from the hb or does he open to the hb? When the wing goes in M motion, does he have to wait for the guards block and does he go around the trap block if the de closes? Thanks.

msm
02-22-2008, 11:33 AM
qb opens to hb
M motion will come off the butt of the pulling guard