• bucksweep.com-The Original Wing-T Web Page

by Published on 11-06-2009 02:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article

Bucksweep.com is a website dedicated to the study of the Delaware Wing-T Football Offense made popular by the University of Delaware under coaching legend Harold "Tubby" Raymond.
    This Website seeks to serve a wide spectrum of interests including fans, football historians, players, and coaches. Since February 19 of 1997, Bucksweep.com has been the single most comprehensive web-based reference guide on the subject of the Delaware Wing-T Football Offense.

Along with being the most comprehensive website on the Wing-T offense, it is also one the first of its kind and the oldest active website on the Internet dedicated to helping improve the football coaching profession.

Bucksweep.com continues to grow as information is researched and gathered from a number of both new and established sources. We hope to build on our progress as we expand the content and detail of this website for all who might benefit from it. We hope you find the site easy to use and helpful!

History The website went live on the web on February 19, 1997. With the help of Coach Toby Brandow, one of the pioneers of football coaching websites, I created Bryan Schaumloffel's Unofficial Delaware Wing-T Web Page. It was created using an America Online (AOL) website creator. The early website was crude, the code was manually programed by me during my schools winter break of 1997. The site caught on fast and soon grew to big for AOL's capabilities and I went looking for a new host to meet the demand, the result was Bucksweep.com. For almost twenty years Bucksweep.com has become the first stop on the web when it comes to the Wing-T.

Webmaster
    by Published on 10-30-2009 01:00 AM

The following was taken from, The Delaware Wing-T: An Order of Football, by Harold "Tubby" Raymond and Ted Kempski,

• Recent Forum Posts

bucksweep

HB Counter - Tackle Trap Coaching Points Discussion

There is a bunch of Delaware games on Youtube from 70s and 80s. I have seen this play run in each game. There is a play action counter boot off of it

bucksweep 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
    lewjohnston

Moving HB

For "coachie": I agree about the Dive to the HB. We also went "Split 100/900" and got the Dive/Halfback to the TE side... and ran

lewjohnston 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    lewjohnston

Hb

Bryan: A long-time Wing T coach in our area runs "Speed Option" (I use quotes cuz it's ALWAYS a pitch... to the FB!) QB 2-3 steps right at

lewjohnston

TT Counter

OK Bryan: Responses to your 5 points!!!
    1) False pull of p-s G was very effective vs. an Even front when that DT was the trap man!!!
    2)

bucksweep

HB Counter - Tackle Trap Coaching Points Discussion

Some food for thought to start the discussion

1. False Pull by PSG.
    2. Wrap through like the Dart Play.
    3. Hard Squeezing

bucksweep 10 Hours Ago Go to last post