Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Huddle

Default No Huddle

Coaches,
    Anybody completely no huddle and using the same numbering system as old Deleware? The program I'm with is no huddle but we aren't WT. We use signs for each play. I'm considering moving to another school(WingT) and I'm kicking around using a body clock to get plays in so we don't have to change our numbering( i.e. top of head=1, eyes=2, 121=Head,eyes,head) or just signs for the play(i.e sweeping motion for bucksweep). Any suggestions?
    JWH

Default no huddle

Coach we signaled in formations and had all of the players with a wrist coach on...once we got aligned we sent in the number for the play and off we go.

We got over 20% more snaps this year and set school records for rushing and total yardage in a season.

Default No Huddle

We have ran the no huddle with our Wing T the last two years. We signal in a number and color combo. The kids have wrist bands with the entire play call on it. We can then check our plays at the LOS if the defensive has the advantage on the play that we have called. We flip flop our OL so our checks are limited to about 5 options for each called play. Has been very good to us

Coach Holt
    Maryville Spoofhounds

Coach we run no huddle as a change up and also as our two minute drill.
    We call our plays using the Delaware Numbering system and have them on wristbands.
    In calling our plays (which are numbered on the wristband), The number comes from the sideline. The QB will then call what side the play is being
    run based on what we have seen from our opponent prior to our game.
    I don't know if I would ever think of going purely no-huddle. Offensively,
    we like (or try) to control the tempo of the game.
    Coach Sadloch

We use a number system that I call in - it is like phone key pad - with all the cell phones they have no problem knowing what number I am using. I just go down my body. Top of my head is "1" and so on down.

We use it for two minute and for a change up during the game. Kids love it and we should probably do more of it.

Coaches,
    Thanks for the replies. Tampa Bay, That's what I'm thinking. We have used wristbands in the past but we hated the tempo and the constant looking down. Wristbands were great for giving accurate information though. I coach at a small college and you wouldn't believe the number of reps we get in practice using the no huddle all the time. I just want to be able to transfer that to High School Wing T team. Any other thoughts?
    JWH

Quote Originally Posted by jwh
    Coaches,
    Thanks for the replies. Tampa Bay, That's what I'm thinking. We have used wristbands in the past but we hated the tempo and the constant looking down. Wristbands were great for giving accurate information though. I coach at a small college and you wouldn't believe the number of reps we get in practice using the no huddle all the time. I just want to be able to transfer that to High School Wing T team. Any other thoughts?
    JWH
    First I think you make a great point about not huddling in practice - we rarely do.

It sounds like you might be more versed in this then me but one thing that has made this really easy - is we use one formation - double wing double SE. The kids can line up right away, when we go no huddle the defense will normally give us one look and based on that we can stay in that one formation and find something that works. We have run one play all the way down the field because the other team could not adjust due to our tempo. We also call it a win if we get them to call a time out.

Are intention was to add more formations to our no huddle package but we never needed to.

How multiple do you get in no huddle and how do you signal in formations and plays? Always looking to improve on what we do. thanks

Default no huddle

We actually started no huddling in practice because we got sick and tired of wasting time coming in and out of a huddle.

Our other epiphany was that during summer passing,etc when we played a team that was going slow, etc it just killed us and made us not only slow down but play slow. Everytime this happened we tried to uptempo things and we got our energy back and played better.

9. Default

Those of you who are running no huddle, what size schools are you coaching at? We have thought about trying to implement a no huddle package in the past, but we are at a smaller school and most of our #1's play O/D and ST. We are worried about wearing our kids down by trying to up the tempo.

Any thoughts?

We are 700ish

Thread Information