Thread: Day 2

1. Default Day 2

Well today was the second day of our spring pract (we are allowed 10), and much like has been reported here, it was pathetic LOL. This will be our first year in the system and today looked it. We put in 100/900 and 21/29 yesterday and looked better than I thought. Today we expanded to Red/Blue and 21/29 Jet, and 24/26 Guard trap, well now as they say Houston we have a problem.

Our QB's kept waggling the wrong way and we had to stay on the FB to hit BS A gap not bend it to B. Whew I was wanting to start 80's tomorrow, but that wont be happening we will review again the above plays.

Default practice

coach
    stay with it you will be fine
    joe sells

As a 7th grade coach, I feel your pain. We have plenty of kids who have never played before, and the rest know as much about the Wing-T as I do about Mandarin Chinese.

You are leaning toward review, and not moving on, and I would like to give some support to those thoughts. It is SO early, and just a little more will make it click! Another review of some diagrams, combined with the fact that you have a good handle on specifically what the problems are, will do the trick. It isn't like you are saying, "I just don't know what is wrong."

Throw some cones out there as specific aiming points during indies, and soon you'll be adding those next plays with confidence. Stay focused on perfecting those base plays slowly, then it will be easy to add some new formations and motions later.

Or you could scrap it all and run the spread...

(Is Gerry Gallagher getting in his car to come revoke my Wing-T card? That "spread" comment was just a joke!)
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

Coach
    be glad it is May and not August. You are ahead of schedule. Stay the course in what you believe and everything will be fine.
    Coach Wright

Coach, patience is a virtue.....you will be fine.
    Just wait until both guards pull into each other on Waggle!
    Ed Sadloch
    Head Football Coach
    Cedar Grove (NJ) H.S.

Quote Originally Posted by JWright
    Coach
    be glad it is May and not August. You are ahead of schedule. Stay the course in what you believe and everything will be fine.
    Coach Wright
    Coach Wright is quite right. I took over last year as head coach at a boarding school. We are not able to have spring practices and I don't see my team until the middle of September. I was able to have a 4 day mini-camp in the summer to help get ready. We had two weeks to get ready for our first game. Let's say... it was not pretty. The first two games we totaled 65 and 75 yards of total offense! The staff and I kept plugging away and it finally clicked. We went 6-4.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Jamie Auch
    Looking....

Thread Information