Thread: Wing T Video Series

Default Wing T Video Series

If you could purchase one dvd series for the Wing T, what would you suggest? Thanks.

Coachcol

2. Default Dvd

Tubby Raymond stuff is good and so is Coach Lew's stuff.

3. Default Wing T Video Series

Glen McNew has several very good CD's on his website "coachmcnew.com". They are designed very well and he is only a phone call away from answer any questions you may have about the Wing T.

Why buy just one...??

Creehan (Excellent Delaware theory, practice organization, position coaching)
    Gallagher (Excellent theory & on-field instruction/drills)
    Herman (Excellent camp tapes showing hands-on coaching)
    Johnston (Excellent spread wing-t theory)
    Cobleigh (Just purchased - TBD)
    Be great!
    Frank Laratta
    FrankLaratta@Live.com

1) Gerry Gallagher
    2) Phil Willenbrock
    3) Tom Herman

Quote Originally Posted by CoachLaratta
    Why buy just one...??

Creehan (Excellent Delaware theory, practice organization, position coaching)
    Gallagher (Excellent theory & on-field instruction/drills)
    Herman (Excellent camp tapes showing hands-on coaching)
    Johnston (Excellent spread wing-t theory)
    Cobleigh (Just purchased - TBD)
    $$$ Small budget at school and home! (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCol
    $$$ Small budget at school and home! (lol)
    In the "bang for the buck" department, Tom Herman's camp DVDs provide chalk talk and on-field demonstration of how to do drills and install a large number of plays.

Coach Creehan's DVDs, as CoachLaratta noted, are great on theory. When he is standing at the overhead, you feel like there is nothing that the Wing-T cannot do. "If they do this, then I'll do this. If they do this to stop what I just did, I'll do this. Or this. Or this..."

If you have been in the Wing-T a while, then looking at CoachLaratta's list is even more relevant. Spread stuff, bunch stuff, etc. These take the offense to a new level. Coach Plaa's DVDs also do a fine job of integrating the shotgun into the Wing-T.
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

Quote Originally Posted by trojan

Coach Creehan's DVDs, as CoachLaratta noted, are great on theory. When he is standing at the overhead, you feel like there is nothing that the Wing-T cannot do.
    Is this the series of DVDs that you are referring to? Dennis Creehan's Attacking with the Wing-T Series
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Jamie Auch
    Looking....

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Auch
    Is this the series of DVDs that you are referring to? Dennis Creehan's Attacking with the Wing-T Series
    Yes. I have his videos for the 52, the 53, and another defense. I haven't watched them in a year, so I don't exactly recall.

It is a good example of "the last coach with the chalk wins." He talks about the importance of the series in the Wing-T, showing/describing how when the defense adjusts to stop one play, they are (likely) vulnerable to another play in the series. I think just about every Wing-T coach understands this already, but Coach Creehan does a good job of describing how your play calling would progress.
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

Thread Information