Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sally Question???

Default Sally Question???

How do you block it? Do you pull or not pull anyone. We are trying to block it with no pull - we are step & cup delay to backer. We are getting hurt with slanting lineman & blitzing LB's - do any of you have the same problem? Do you run Sally this way or are you running it more like scissors? Thanks!

Contact Gregg Perry. He's the expert when it comes top the Sally. He created it.

3. Default

I purchased Greg Perry's DVD on the Sally. It's good stuff, however Sally is a very time consuming play. We decided to stick to Criss Cross, counter and tackle trap. For high school, I think it's tough unless your willing to spend a lot of time on it.

4. Default

We are also getting nothing out of Sally. What do you guys suggest for a counter for our 80 s game?

Default As Coach Perry says,...

Sally is the BEST COUNTER PLAY IN FOOTBALL...PERIOD. No pulling linemen to read. Nothing to take the defense to the ball except THE BALL. You can run it off of a multitude of actions (belly, down, jet, rocket, veer, sprint-out pass, power, etc.) with to a multitude of ballcarriers.

Is it time consuming...yes, but it has been WELL worth it for us. Over the past four seasons of running Sally (with the help of Gregg Perry's DVD), we have averaged over 9 yards a snap on our Sallys (with a high of 16 ypp. in 2007). In our first game this season, we ran Sally alone for over 120 yards, including 4 over 20 yards.

It is a staple for us, and creates so much confusion for the defense. I strongly recommend not scrapping the play but really learning how to run it. Perry's DVD cost $100 when I bought it in 2006, and it was worth EVERY PENNY! Now I think it sells on his website for $25-$30. At that price, IT IS A HUGE BARGAIN!!

Coach
    We spend 3 minutes installing it and it is one of our best and easiest play to install. I have seen the Gregg Perry DVD and is worth every penny, however, I learned it from Wes Elrod and he has made an inexpensive play.
    Coach Wright

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JWright
    Coach
    We spend 3 minutes installing it and it is one of our best and easiest play to install. I have seen the Gregg Perry DVD and is worth every penny, however, I learned it from Wes Elrod and he has made an inexpensive play.
    Coach Wright
    Coach I know I have your info for installing and blocking the Sally from some previous post, but I can't seem to find it and was wandering if you might go over it again.

Also, just curious have you seen how well Coach Elrod is doing at his new school compared to the old school that has jumped on the new in offense? Coach Elrod is a very bright man and seems to work his magic no matter where he is at.

Coach
    Sally is nothing more than a draw play that appears to the defense as a wingback counter. Here are the rules we teach in 3-5 minutes to our players:
    PLAYSIDE
    TE: Step with inside foot in and then ride him out and do not let him come back inside.

PST:
    COVERED:
    Headup-Step inside and ride the DT out.
    5 tech- Step inside and ride the DT out
    4i tech-Run block him down
    UNCOVERED:
    High Hat 1 second then fire on the LBER

PSG:
    COVERED:
    2 tech: step inside and ride him out
    2i tech or 1 tech: Run block him down
    3 tech: Step inside and ride him out.
    UNCOVERED:
    High Hat then fire on the backer.

BACKSIDE:
    C: Run block man drive him out of there.
    BSG: Block man
    BST: pull and wrap into the first hole past the center.
    FB: Dive for the BST and fill the gap so no one chases the play from behind.
    Coach we had over 100yds in game 2 with this play alone and then we had 460yds rushing offense in game 3 and almost 180yds was from this play. SO this play is most definitely a HS play and is a MUST IMO.
    Good Luck
    Coach Wright
    FINAL NOTE
    What makes this play even better is when the LBERS Blitz. WOW!!!
    Yes, Wes and I are very good friends we call each other after each game and then some. He is doing very well in Hunters lane, but he is not concerned with Wilson Central and what is going on there. He has too much class to comment, but I will and I am very pleased to see a school that screwed him is doing poorly and it is even better to know that they replaced him with a spread offense that cost them $10,000 by Tony Franklin. I have the entire DVD's of that offense by Tony Franklin I paid nothing for it and I can assure you it is not even worth $1000.
    Last edited by JWright; 09-19-2009 at 08:43 AM.

9. Default

Coach Wright,

Do you ever run Sally to a split end flank? If so, I assume rules stay the same?

Coach
    Yes we run to the split end flank.If you look at a let say red formation, the wb to the split end would now be the 3rd man for the three man surface. You are correct in that the rules would be the same. I think are clips of ours on jetsweep.com
    Good luck
    Coach wright

Thread Information