Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qb Cadence

Default Qb Cadence

What cadence does most wing-t teams use and does it change from series to series?

Red "setgo"

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay
    Red "setgo"
    When do you send your wingback in motion?

4. Default

We use Set, Go. If theirs a "check with me" then we use a "ready".

We vary our snap to help control stunting. We go on 1st sound, on 1, on 2, and have a live red snap count where we try to draw the offense off sides and use the word 'red' to liven the snap count. It helps us. Going on 1st sound on plays where there is no motion, 1 on short motion, 2 on long motion. The kids know the snap count for each play.

We used "Set {color, number, color number} A B C." I initially thought the ABC concept was dumbing it down for our kids too much, but it worked!
    Marcelo Metzelar
    www.coachmetz.com
    coachmetz.proboards85.com

7. Default Starting Counts

I am happy to hear that many of your use Varried starting counts. Many go on only one snap count.In the 60s we did not exchange films for scouting. I scouted Penn State for Army--I made sure that they were going on one count which was Set Hike. Our defense went on Set and beat their offense and in 3 years we won and they never scored a T D.
    Chuck Klausing

We go in motion and shift on Red - sometimes we have to leave on the R or D or sometimes even on the S of setgo, depending on kid or play when we motion.

If we are going to shift and motion we would use Red to shift and a foot signal by the QB to start motion.

If we want to go on two we would go Red "setgo", "setgo"

First sound would be the R of red - just make sure you do not have a trade or need motion. Made that mistake before - never pretty.

9. Default

Coach what is A B C ?

We litterally called the play in the huddle and said "182 Down on B."
    So, we'd line up and say, "Set - Blue 24 - Blue 24 - A - B!"
    Instead of saying Hut hut when it's on two ... A - B worked a little better. Maybe it was just that school.
    Metz
    Marcelo Metzelar
    www.coachmetz.com
    coachmetz.proboards85.com

Thread Information