Thread: Blue/Red Buck sweep playbook

Default Blue/Red Buck sweep playbook

On my team we run out of the Blue and Red formations and run the jet sweep. With out confusing my players (7-9 YO) I would like to add buck sweep to my playbook. If coach's have anything on it and can give me any advice on how to do this it would be very appreciated. I'm not sure if I should run buck sweep with my wing back to the split end side. Or if I should run it to the TE side with my slot back. I just need some advice I'm new at this and jet sweep was working but now the other team have caught with us.
    We were 2 and o now we lost 2 straight and its not pretty. Any diagrams or playbooks would be great Thanks in advance..

2. Default

just my thoughts, so take it for what its worth.

bucksweep is very expensive in its time that it takes to perfect it. to add the compliments are simple, but those too take time. During the season and with 7-9's I wouldnt add it in. You need about 20 reps a day for the series and an entire install/preseason to put it in.

you have jet in, add the compliments
    redlight, greenlight, I added counter criss cross(XX) to jet to make it fun, trap, belly, down, sally(counter) etc...

you say teams have figured out how to stop it, well I say you cant stop everything. there must be a key breaker that is tipping your hat. or they know that when jet motion is ran, its sweep so flow hard! take some time to work on the compliments.

just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by mnike23
    just my thoughts, so take it for what its worth.

bucksweep is very expensive in its time that it takes to perfect it. to add the compliments are simple, but those too take time. During the season and with 7-9's I wouldnt add it in. You need about 20 reps a day for the series and an entire install/preseason to put it in.

you have jet in, add the compliments
    redlight, greenlight, I added counter criss cross(XX) to jet to make it fun, trap, belly, down, sally(counter) etc...

you say teams have figured out how to stop it, well I say you cant stop everything. there must be a key breaker that is tipping your hat. or they know that when jet motion is ran, its sweep so flow hard! take some time to work on the compliments.

just my thoughts.
    I see what your saying, how do you run counter xx out of jet?

Default Buck sweep + compliments

I was just going to run buck sweep and maybe hand it to the
    FB some times to throw the other team off and bootleg my QB also.

The nice thing about jet it is a play, series and a motion. If you run trap you can run jet trap, if you run belly you can run jet belly. I guess my point is, if teams are flying to your jet motion give them the motion but run something inside.

I think the best part about jet is that defenses can stop it - but to do so they have to get going early and that opens up other things.

I would say Jet Belly out of Red and Blue is in our top three running plays both in numbers of time ran and yards per carry.

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay
    The nice thing about jet it is a play, series and a motion. If you run trap you can run jet trap, if you run belly you can run jet belly. I guess my point is, if teams are flying to your jet motion give them the motion but run something inside.

I think the best part about jet is that defenses can stop it - but to do so they have to get going early and that opens up other things.

I would say Jet Belly out of Red and Blue is in our top three running plays both in numbers of time ran and yards per carry.
    We run a jet dive but WE run it to the playside to the 1 hole 7 5 3 1 X 2 4 6 8
    I call it Blue 32 JET dive. is that close or how would you run it?

Quote Originally Posted by coachmills
    We run a jet dive but WE run it to the playside to the 1 hole 7 5 3 1 X 2 4 6 8
    I call it Blue 32 JET dive. is that close or how would you run it?
    I think we are talking the same idea - when we run jet or rocket belly we will run it with traditional belly blocking and hug our OT's block - with motion coming and the QB reverse opening it is very hard to tell what is coming if teams are peaking in the back field. Of course the tip off is the wing folding in - which is where red and green light come in. We have not taken that step yet - hopefully next year.

8. Default

sorry it took so long to answer.
    Been away from the cpu for awhile.

jet xx

vs a vanilla 4-3(1/5 to te side, 3/5 backside)
    red-jet right-97 xx(our terminology)

PT-gap down backer(trapping the 5 tech)
    PG-gap down backer
    C-post gap backer
    BG-1st lber weakside
    BT-pull and kickout the 5 tech
    TE-pull and lead thru on 1st color jersey thru hole
    RB-jet mo, take handoff(ice cream cone) give to wb on the outside
    WB-depth step, open(like buck sweep footwork), adjust to rb, get into 5/7 hole quickly
    FB-shorten depth and widen 1 step toward te. fill for pulling te on DE
    QB-give on jet, and go straight back, roll toward playside/lead thru (if hes tough)

hope it helps.
    If you run jet enough, this will kill em. We ran a ton of jet, so when we ran it, it was a HUGE play for us.

Thread Information