Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wildcat

Default plays

Coach: Goodness!!! What more do you need? Don't get caught in the trap of thinking that "more (plays) is better!" You've got a full package there already. Now rep the heck out of them and get verrrrrrrrry good at running them!
    In Christ,
    Lew

Well Firday night came and went.... We won 42-12 but I didn't show the wildcat. We faced a dbl tight double wing team and I decided to just try to control the ball. We rushed for threw from almost 100yds and rushed for 322.

We used the rocket series mostly. We ran rocket, Rocket Iso, Lazor (great plat from Wes Elrod), and Rocket pass from (Dwyane Alexander and Bruce Cobleigh). That package alone is enough to give teams fits. Add mutiple formations and it becomes a bitch to stop....

Hopefully this week we get to try the cat out.
    Chris Cuomo
    Offensive Coordinator
    East Haven High School
    East Haven, CT

Coach: Goodness!!! What more do you need? Don't get caught in the trap of thinking that "more (plays) is better!" You've got a full package there already. Now rep the heck out of them and get verrrrrrrrry good at running them!
    In Christ,
    Lew
    This ended up being the offense that I ran the whole game, we went under center a few times but this is what we ended hanging our hat on. Right now I can attack every point of the defense. The only thing I was thinking about adding would be a speed option...but then again I would have to devote reps to the option and I'm not sure if I want to do that. What other runs could I implement for the fb, HB out of this?

Default Who let the cat out of the bag?

I broke out our version of the Wild Cat this weekend. We faced our rival in the 83rd game in the mud. Conditions were horrible and the field was 3-4 inches of mud. This took away our outside game and our speed. We broke out our "Hawk" and it was very effective. Our back churned up over 100 yards and 2 TDs in this slop fest. I was very pleased with how the offense ran this package. The package spread out the defense and our back found the seams.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Jamie Auch
    Looking....

We finally got to test drive the cat on saturday. First play was the jet, with the QB (running back) placed at the ball carrier's feet. He fumbled it but smartly kicked it as he was running so he could receover it.

We ended up coming back to it 2 plays later, but running the QB power play..... BINGO a 26 yd TD. It looked pretty good.
    Chris Cuomo
    Offensive Coordinator
    East Haven High School
    East Haven, CT

Thread Information