Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please consider "signing"

Default Please consider "signing"

Good afternoon,

This isn't a football related post. Despite being a bunch of hard-nosed guys, the vast majority of the coaches I'm come into contact with have big hearts, and I'm going to try to take advantage of that.

My name is Don Jacobs. My wife and I are adopting three siblings (Dima, Stas, and Kristina) from Russia. We were to go get them in November, but their grandmother petitioned for custody (after letting them sit in the orphanage for a year). Her petition was denied in December, and she appealed the decision. Her appeal was officially denied on March 28. We re-did the paperwork that had expired over the course of the grandmother's appeal process and it is now in Russia, or almost there.

In the meantime, an incident involving an adopted Russian boy being sent back to Russia has prompted the Russians to suspend adoptions by Americans. My wife, Stephanie, and I were almost to the finish line, and now the situation is in limbo.

Please follow the link below and consider "signing" the petition. In short, it asks the Russians NOT to stop adoptions while both governments work on a resolution.

Thanks,
    Don Jacobs

April 12, 2010
    We Are The Truth
    A Campaign and Call to Action ____________________________

The outrageous treatment of Artyem by his adoptive family has rightfully resulted in outrage by
    the Governments of Russia and the United States and all who care about children. The tragedy
    has cast a light on intercountry adoption that says it is not safe, the system failed and adopted
    children cause insurmountable problems. The heartbreak of Artyem Saviliev's abandonment has
    once again elevated a singular incident to a level which may result in the suspension of
    intercountry adoption. Suspending adoption, even temporarily, will only cause thousands of
    children to suffer the debilitating effects of life in an orphanage.

You, the community of adoptees, adoptive parents, adoptive grandparents, child welfare
    professionals and child advocates know that the outrageous and indefensible actions of one
    parent are not indicative of how children are treated by adoptive families. You know that
    families who encounter difficulties do not simply abandon their child. You know that help is
    available, that solutions are found and that families can thrive. And you know that suspending
    adoption does not protect children but only subjects them to the depravity of an institution...and
    an entire life without a family.

You, the adoption community know the truth. You live the truth. You are the truth.

Join our campaign to bring the truth to light and help children in need find a permanent and safe
    family.
    What You Can Do:

1) Sign the letter to President Medvedev and President Obama: The letter asks both
    Presidents to ensure that intercountry adoption continues uninterrupted and to
    aggressively investigate and prosecute anyone involved in the abuse of children. You can
    sign anytime, but doing so before Tuesday night would help us get the letters to both
    Presidents before President Medvedev leaves the U.S.

To sign the letter, click here: http://www.gopetition.com/online/35485.html
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

Done. Good luck sir.

Mike Judy

Done. Good Luck

Coach Williams

4. Default

Also signed. Best of luck to you. Please let us know how it turns out.

Coach Taylor

Default Done

I also signed the petition. Good luck to you.

-Sean Coultis

Default Done

Best of luck!

Signed

8. Default

signed...good luck

Default petition

Signed it. Good Luck. John

Default Petition

Signed...Best of Luck to you and your family.

Thread Information