Thread: 3-3 "break the stack"

Default 3-3 "break the stack"

I have read a great deal on Bucksweep.com about playing against the 3-3 stack. A common response is to go unbalanced in order to "break the stack." Let's say that I go end over or or otherwise get them out of their stack. What am I looking at? I have wondered for some time, but was embarrassed to ask since EVERYBODY else seemed to understand.

Say we start here:

..........................S

...C...........B.........M........B...................C
    .............D.............................D..........(The Dog is actually closer to the TE)
    ...............DT.......NG...... DT
    ...............ST..SG..C..TG..TT..TE...........SE
    ............WB..........Q................WB
    ..........................FB

Or here:
    ..........................S

...C...........B.........M........B...................C
    .............D.............................D..........(The Dog is actually closer to the TE)
    ...............DT.......NG...... DT
    ...............ST..SG..C..TG..TT..TT..TE
    ..........WB............Q......................WB
    ..........................FB

Am I trying to get them into a 4-4 kind of look, with the Dog on the line and the other LBs & Dog to shift over, or what? Several coaches have mentioned having success against a 3-3, and I am wondering what the defense looked like when they were enjoying this success.

Thanks.
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

2. Default

vs a 3-3, I have run inside zone with huge success. zone blocking is very easy to teach. the cutback lane is huge vs a 3-3 team. I put it in just for 1 week vs a 3-3 team.

traditionally, belly out of 100 formation can be a big play. take it a hole wider and its real nice. block out with tackle, and guard, dive back leads on stacked backer, double to mike with center and backside guard, gap down for backside tackle and TE. run motion with wing and the option look has to freeze the Dog lber. if he comes hard on the belly play, belly option/sweep works wonders.

Thread Information