Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoach
    What is the formation...can not get it to open

...SE..............T..G..C..G..T..TE
    ............................................WB.... ........FL

.......................RB..QB

Default Formation

Thanks I like it

3. Default

I read an article on Auburn Univ using the bucksweep this weekend. I love when people say wing t cannot work at the college level. These are the coaches that do not want other to look at wing t because they are "borrowing" heavily.

Bucksweep and auburn univ
    http://www.thewareaglereader.com/200...p-in-pictures/

4. Default

We have used some form of "Shotgun Wing-T" since 1998. Originally we just had six or seven routes which we labeled by colleges (Example Spread 561-569
    Carolina) ran a trap and jet sweep. It's great when you have some speed and
    average to above average athletes.
    It's not so great when you have young average or below average players. speed and quickness is the key to success. If you don't have that I suggest more of a traditional Wing-T attack
    Ed Sadloch
    Head Football Coach
    Cedar Grove (NJ) H.S.

Default run thru

it sems in the video and articles because you do not have a fb going up the middle there is a definite run through is this a problem with the play in gun

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by coachmorris
    it sems in the video and articles because you do not have a fb going up the middle there is a definite run through is this a problem with the play in gun
    Where did you find articles?

Default Run Through

Coach,

We run alot of bucksweep from the gun and the run through is hardly ever an issue for us. Most teams are formationed into not blitzing us alot when we do it. Our Qb runs the Bucksweep instead of our Wing and he got caught once all season I think before he got loose. It was by a bad downblock and not a run through. maybe other people have had problems with it, not sure, but it has been good to us

Quote Originally Posted by coachmorris

8. Default

last time I posted, we were a full out spread team, lots of motion, fakes, etc. since, our HC left and I became OC/asst HC and have put in my version of the gun wing T. wanted to be able to run our spread stuff and have a wrinkle of wing t for my satisfaction. So I started with this

.....x...............T...G...C...G...T.......Y
    ...............H.................................. ...Z
    ...............................Q.................. .......
    ...............................F.................. ........

kept all the orginal lettering system from our spread attack, just moved to a 2.5 yd pistol by qb and 1.5 by fb. nasty split by the Y and z is flanked 2x2 off him.
    we have ran buck sweep series fantastic out of this. can still run all our passing game like normal. Buck has been our best play out of it, 12 fro 128, 4tds. waggle opens like the red sea when ran.
    have called TO when we line up, after the 1st time we run a play, they load the box and we go deep or run our spread stuff, then they fall off and we run buck, etc....

Default Shot Gun Wing-T

I am beginning to research the Shot Gun Wing-T. What training DVD's
    would anyone suggest to get me started. We run traditional Wing-T and
    would like to examine ways to integrate the Shot Gun into our already existing system.

coach is it qb bucksweep and do you fake to fb first

Thread Information