Thread: Total Plays with Formations

Default Total Plays with Formations

With being on Christmas break I've been able to really start watching alot of film, especially all of our tapes from the past year. One thing that I have noticed is that alot of teams (especially the better ones) really don't run too many plays.

With that being said, I have two questions.

1 - How many different run plays/pass plays will you take into a given game?

2 - With those those given plays that you take into a game how many different ways will you have to run those plays, by formation? For example, how many different formations will you run Bucksweep/Trap/Keep Pass, etc.

2. Default

Coach our high school was 8-4 this year with one loss coming to the 2A undefeated state champ, one to our rival, one on a fluke, and one to the 3A runner-up. We ran about 6 plays total; Power, Power Toss, TAG, Jet, Trap, and TAG pass. That was about it. We did have a three step game but it was used sparingly at best.

The undefeated state 2a champs were very similar; Power, Belly-Belly G, TAG, TAG pass, Trap, and sprintout pass and quick passing.

Our D-Coordinator said we had too much in.

Thread Information