Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly with to the DB

1. Default Belly with to the DB

Does anyone have any experience they can speak of with running belly to the DB from a 100/900 backfield set? Still a 3/7 hole play but have the FB as the lead blocker and the DB as the ball carrier? Any experiences on the timing, QB /DB footwork would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Default possibility

Haven't run it but my thought would be to use tackle trap counter footwork for the Diveback-- rock weight to outside ,reach step inside foot,crossover,squareup--- aim for inside foot of tackles alignment. fullback reach step to playside. both stay tight to the tail of the tackle's block.

We have run this & we just tell the DB to run for the hole & the QB just opens up to the DB, trying not to cut him off. We don't over coach it.

Jsanny,

When running Belly to the Diveback does it time up ok when cross blocking the play?

Do you keep his normal alignment of splitting the outside leg of the tackle or do you have him tighten down a little bit?

5. Default

It will time up but I try and run it to a fan or to the g and tackle opening up
    Makes the blocks easier and makes the play run effectively!
    The cross block often makes the play bounce a bit wider making it difficult to hit the hole by the rb.
    Javier Valdes
    Head Football Coach
    Mater Academy Lions
    coachjavi71@yahoo.com
    Miami, FL

Coach
    before I became a head coach I was an assistant for 10yrs under a traditional wing t coach. We ran that very play. Here is how it is done:
    1. Have the halfback align directly over the tackle.
    2. Then have him take a reach-crossover step towards the QB.
    --this times up the play perfect.
    3. Then have the fb run like triple option path towards the inside leg of the playside guard.
    4. Everyone does the same as normal belly

YES: you can use crossblock with this. What it looks like is down and then here comes the halfback behind it.
    Good Luck
    Coach Wright

If you are running this play to the Dive Back does he have to perform a 90* Cut to get into the hole, like he would if he was running Bucksweep or Power?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSchelb
    If you are running this play to the Dive Back does he have to perform a 90* Cut to get into the hole, like he would if he was running Bucksweep or Power?
    I have seen it. IMO I do not like the play. I like Cntr. Power better. FB kicks the 5 tech. down block by OT and OG. BSG pull through hole. HB rocks and takes ball through hole.

Bryan
    Bryan Schaumloffel
    Bucksweep.com and Spreademandshredem.com

Bryan, what is the footwork for the Dive Back on Power?

Coach
    We had the HB hit the hole to the same side he was on. So if you were in a 100 formation this would place him on the left. He would hit the 7 hole in the old wing t system. I think it would be 137 XB
    Coach Wright

Thread Information