Thread: Passing in Wing-T

1. Default Passing in Wing-T

Coaches, in additon to the waggle, keep passes, etc. what passing do you incorporate into the wing-t (3, 5-step, sprint out, etc.)? What types of route packages do you use? What type of protection? We are looking to expand our passing game going into next season and lookign for ideas. Thanks!

in addition to some simple 3 step concepts, we also added some 5 step Run-and-Shoot concepts to our passing game that other teams struggled to stop..let me know if this doesnt make sense as I tried to type this off the top of my head

==5 STEP==
    *Go
    -Streak/Streak/Out vs Zone;
    -Streak/Slant/Out vs Man

*Slip
    -Slant/Bubble/Streak vs. Zone
    -Post/Wheel/Out vs Man

*Switch
    - Rt. or Lt. - Vertical away from call. Post-Wheel to call side

==SPRINT OUT==
    *Curl-Wheel-Out
    -Curl/Wheel/motion back runs out and QB runs sprint out off Belly fake

*Smash
    -Smash out of wing-T Blue formation
    - Wing runs Smash/Corner route
    - SE runs Hitch route
    - QB fakes Belly, drops back 2 steps and reads Corner
    Last edited by kylem56; 01-10-2013 at 10:33 PM.

For our short game we combine the quick game with a boot. We call a route (Hitch, Slant, Fade, Out, etc) and then everyone else execute a boot package on the backside. If the called receiver isn't open, the QB boots away and follows his progression.

Why I like this is that you can run all sorts of formations and it's simple for your kids to remember what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachStanley
    For our short game we combine the quick game with a boot. We call a route (Hitch, Slant, Fade, Out, etc) and then everyone else execute a boot package on the backside. If the called receiver isn't open, the QB boots away and follows his progression.

Why I like this is that you can run all sorts of formations and it's simple for your kids to remember what to do.
    We do the same thing. Although I don't know if we ever got to the boot part of the route, during the season.

Thread Information