Thread: Hybrid Wing Passing Progression Idealogy

Default Hybrid Wing Passing Progression Idealogy

BUMP
    Last edited by JWright; 04-15-2011 at 10:49 PM.

BUMP
    Last edited by JWright; 04-15-2011 at 10:49 PM.

thanks coach, good stuff to think about

4. Wink Play Action

I look at play action a little differently. I believe you CAN and should run it as your main passing offense......even if you don't have the talent.......especially if you don't have the talent.

I don't believe you need to have an answer for every coverage you might see. Heck, if you are mainly a Wing-T team, you won't see very many coverages anyways.

Run your base series/plays. Rep the ever lovin heck out of them. If your opponent has to honor Belly and/or Trap, then there is a better than average chance the play action will work. If you don't have the talent to make the opponent honor those plays, then delete more of the playbook, work harder with the kids and rep the base plays even more. By the end of the year you'd be surprised what you can accomplish with "less" talent. I believe this is the BEST thing to do when you have less talent!

I do agree that you can't have both a passing and running game year in and year out at the high school level. So we start with our running game, then work the play action off of it. If we have the talent to do more, then we will..........but then again, you don't have to at that point.

Coach Wright... keep posting!!!

^ Agreed!!!!

xx
    Last edited by bucksweep; 04-27-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Bryan Schaumloffel
    Bucksweep.com and Spreademandshredem.com

Default Winning and losing

I know that Coach Wright may not have the best record around. But I don't think you would find anyone around, who would question what Coach Herschel Moore has accomplished or his knowledge of the Hybrid Wing-T. Yet when coaching at Beech High School, he only had a record of 26-35 in 6 years, with only one winning season. You can be a heck of a coach, but if you don't have the Jimmy & Joes, it may not matter what you run. But that said, what you run and how you coach it, may allow you to win games you shouldn't have, or make it possible to keep your kids in all or most of your games.
    In 2001 we went 15-0 and won the 2A state championship here in Kentucky, our coaches could have gotten jobs just about anywhere. Two years later we were 3-8 and everyone thought we were the dumbest coaches around.So what you know may not always mean victorys.
    Coach Wright has helped me a lot in installing the Hybrid Wing-T, his idea's have been very sound. Anyone who takes his time to help out others( like Coach Wright) my hats off to you.

I deleted the entire thread by mistake! I lost all the great info that was presented on the thread. Did anyone copy or save this thread. I am trying to see if I can undelete some of the posts.
    Bryan Schaumloffel
    Bucksweep.com and Spreademandshredem.com

Thread Information