Thread: Belly Sweep Pass

1. Default Belly Sweep Pass

For those of you running Belly Sweep. How do you run a play action pass off this series? If we ride the FB and allow the WB to run through his mesh point with the QB it seems to slow. Am I worrying about nothing?

The belly sweep is a compliment of the belly. All of the plays in this series look like belly, not belly sweep.

The pass off of belly is belly keep pass. There is the counter off belly, tackle trap counter. And the outside running play is belly sweep.

-Sean Coultis
    Bolingbrook H.S. (IL)

3. Default

Thanks for the reply coach. We currently run the belly series. We are replacing belly option with belly sweep this year.

Do you only have your WB run the sweep path when you run sweep??

If so, do you run the rest of the plays with him getting into pitch relationship or with no motion??

Coach,
    We block belly sweep like waggle, so I would assume (bad word) that we could basically run waggle off of the play. We wouldn't have the backside post, but we would still have the crack corner, FB in flat and TE drag. Guards are already pulling, so that's no change. We run the sweep out of Wing/Slot (not sure what true wing-t ers call that) with the wing getting the ball on sweep and the PSHB blocking down.

--X-----------T_G-C-G-T-TE
    ------------HB---------------HB
    -------------------Q-FB

For that matter the PSHB could block down the get into flat allowing FB to fill a gap and block.

Just a thought... I know it is no different from regular waggle, but i believe it could be done that way.

If you run belly sweep w/ no mo by wing, I think it would make sense to run all belly series plays w/ no mo by wing. A series should look alike and compliment each other (put defenders in conflict).

I like the idea of no mo too b/c it doesn't let defense get a chance to slant to motion.

-Sean Coultis
    Bolingbrook H.S. (IL)

6. Default

Coach, if you're running belly sweep to the TE side and want a p/a pass, after the belly sweep fake the QB will set up to the TE side. The RW will start inside slightly as if to block the LB then run a corner (bend) route. The TE slams the DE then goes to the flat.

Default Belly Pass

We run the Belly Pass without motion to the SE side. We have the X receiver run a 10 yard in route. The HB will run by the end and run straight down the seam. We will have the TE block on for count of 1 and then drag like he would on Waggle. Our QB will fake to the FB like Belly and fake to the Z back as he comes around. We protect it like keep pass. We read home run, in route to drag.

Coach Holt
    Maryville Spoofhounds

Thread Information