Thread: 2012 National Wing-t Team Camps

Default 2012 National Wing-t Team Camps

Coaches,

I am making this post to inform you of the 2012 National Wing-t Team Camp dates. I believe that this yearís versions will be better than last years. Many high school coaches believe that these camps are as important for your staff as they are for your players.

The camps will be held on the following dates. We will hold our Camp at Trine University, Indiana, from Sunday June 17th through Tuesday June 19th. We will hold our camp at East Stroudsburg from Thursday, June 28th through Saturday, June 30th; and at Edinboro, PA., from Thursday, July 12th through Saturday, July 14th.

Dave McDonald and I will again be the Camp Directors. Gerry Gallagher (RBís), Brian Gallagher (RBís), Brad Whitman (WRís) and I (O/Line) will again be coaching our respective groups.

Although you may not have attended one of our Wing-t Team camps in the past, we plan on executing the same base insertion plan as last year. We plan to continue emphasizing fundamentals. We will insert the Base Wing-T Plays (Buck Sweep, Trap Waggle, Belly XB, Belly Keep Pass, Down, Down Option, and Counter XX), plus the Jet, and Rocket sweeps. I have listed a basic outline below. We will also put in any plays you wish, even if our staff has to do it during your team period or after practice.

I believe that the best part of this camp isnít with the plays, but with the fundamentals that the players and coaches learn. We canít get away from the fact that it is not the plays, but the execution of these plays that counts.
    I still believe that team camps are the best type of summer camps for high schools to attend because they improve every aspect of your teamís offense. Every practice there is plenty of time spent on improving each playerís individualís skills. We teach detailed drill progressions at all positions. Each practice core offensive plays are installed and repeated in a group and team environment. Since your team is spending time living and working hard together for a common goal, your team will become a closer knit unit and will build a family atmosphere.

Coaches attending learn to become better Wing-T Coaches. There is a clinic provided before every practice that will teach the coaches, in detail, the new plays that are to be inserted. You and your coaches will work along side the camp staff during all phases of individual and group periods, so that, they can learn to coach new drill progressions.

If you are interested in bringing your team or you have any questions please call me at 814-824-2269, Cell 814-392-8950 or E-Mail me at therman@mercyhurst.edu . We have a solid core of schools that attend each of these camps religiously, so if you are interested please call me ASAP to save a spot. I can give you their names and numbers if you wish to talk with them about how important this camp is to the yearly development of their players. You can also E-Mail me at therman@mercyhurst.edu. And I will send you the appropriate brochure for your area

Have a nice day,

Tom Herman
    Mercyhurst College
    W 814-824-2269
    C 814-392-8950

Default HERM AND DAVE"S CAMPS

I've been lucky enough to be part of Dave McDonald and Herm's National Wing-T Camps from their inception. If you've been to their Clinic you have a feel for the way they care about coaches coming away with a GREAT experience. Their camps are no different. They aren't just camps for players they are on the field clinics for staffs. Combine that with classroom clinics and pre-practice skull sessions for players and you have a total program experience that can't be beat. I've made many friends as a result and always look forward to the laughs as well as the exchange of ideas that take place. We brought my Montville teams every year and our kids made it a tradition to start each summer with the National Wing-T Camp.We came back from camp with details to build upon and a great foundation for the upcoming season. Theses guys go out of their way to make sure you get what your team needs ! Gerry Gallagher

Coaches:

We are still looking for another team for our East Stroudsburg Wing-t Team Camp. It begins thursday June 28th and ends Saturday, June 30th. Gerry Gallagher Brian Gallagher, Dave McDonald and Tom Herman will be working the camp. The paragraphs below explain the camp.

Coaches,

I am making this post to inform you of the 2012 National Wing-t Team Camp dates. I believe that this yearís versions will be better than last years. Many high school coaches believe that these camps are as important for your staff as they are for your players.

The camps will be held on the following dates. We will hold our Camp at Trine University, Indiana, from Sunday June 17th through Tuesday June 19th. We will hold our camp at East Stroudsburg from Thursday, June 28th through Saturday, June 30th; and at Edinboro, PA., from Thursday, July 12th through Saturday, July 14th.

Dave McDonald and I will again be the Camp Directors. Gerry Gallagher (RBís), Brian Gallagher (RBís), Brad Whitman (WRís) and I (O/Line) will again be coaching our respective groups.

Although you may not have attended one of our Wing-t Team camps in the past, we plan on executing the same base insertion plan as last year. We plan to continue emphasizing fundamentals. We will insert the Base Wing-T Plays (Buck Sweep, Trap Waggle, Belly XB, Belly Keep Pass, Down, Down Option, and Counter XX), plus the Jet, and Rocket sweeps. I have listed a basic outline below. We will also put in any plays you wish, even if our staff has to do it during your team period or after practice.

I believe that the best part of this camp isnít with the plays, but with the fundamentals that the players and coaches learn. We canít get away from the fact that it is not the plays, but the execution of these plays that counts.
    I still believe that team camps are the best type of summer camps for high schools to attend because they improve every aspect of your teamís offense. Every practice there is plenty of time spent on improving each playerís individualís skills. We teach detailed drill progressions at all positions. Each practice core offensive plays are installed and repeated in a group and team environment. Since your team is spending time living and working hard together for a common goal, your team will become a closer knit unit and will build a family atmosphere.

Coaches attending learn to become better Wing-T Coaches. There is a clinic provided before every practice that will teach the coaches, in detail, the new plays that are to be inserted. You and your coaches will work along side the camp staff during all phases of individual and group periods, so that, they can learn to coach new drill progressions.

If you are interested in bringing your team or you have any questions please call me at 814-824-2269, Cell 814-392-8950 or E-Mail me at therman@mercyhurst.edu . We have a solid core of schools that attend each of these camps religiously, so if you are interested please call me ASAP to save a spot. I can give you their names and numbers if you wish to talk with them about how important this camp is to the yearly development of their players. You can also E-Mail me at therman@mercyhurst.edu. And I will send you the appropriate brochure for your area

Have a nice day,

Tom Herman
    Mercyhurst College
    W 814-824-2269
    C 814-392-8950

Thread Information