Thread: FB in the Gun

Thumbs up FB in the Gun

I am looking for threads about FB alignment in the gun. Since "FB" and "gun" are too short to be used with the search function, I am not having any luck finding existing threads.

Please imagine a Red formation, with everybody in their normal spots, except the QB is where the FB was. Where do you put the FB and why? Is he opposite the TE, or with him? Are his heels even with the QB, closer to the LOS, or further back?

I'm sure that this question has been addressed, but I can't find the posts.

Thanks!

.....SE..................T...G...C...G...T....TE
    ......................WB.......................... ...WB
    ....................................Q

FB=?
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

Default FB in Gun

Coach: We don't really run it but there are several guys on here that do. They should be coming on soon. But... my reaction to your question would be: you put him where you want him to be of most valuable on a particular play! Sometimes you'll have him to the SE side and for other plays, the TE side. You might even move him out wide and have an "empty" set.
    Look at the plays you want to run where you would be 1-giving it to the FB and see which side you need him on and 2- what plays would you fake to him and the QB keeps... and again, which side of the QB do you need him on. Mix it up!

Coach,
    When I ran the shotgun wing, I placed the FB a half yard in front of the QB splitting the G/T gap. The side depended on the play we were running, but for the most part he aligned away from the TE.
    I liked running the down/belly series, that seemed to be the easiest one to install. With the buck series, you had to play around with certain stuff, and what you do depends on how much offense you're willing to install.
    School's out now, so, I'll be posting more videos on my site, so, that should hopefully give viewers some insight as to how I ran it.
    Metz
    Marcelo Metzelar
    www.coachmetz.com
    coachmetz.proboards85.com

Thread Information