Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Double Tight Wing-T

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    125

    Default Double Tight Wing-T

    Coaches,

    I started a thread on here a few years ago about the "double TE wing-T" but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to find it?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Maybe http://bucksweep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761


    If you go to the search box and click "advanced search," you can put in your screen name and there is a drop down option that reads "all posts by user." I found three threads that you started with double TE in the title.

  3. #3

    Default

    We are exclusively double tight, so if you can't find it I wouldn't mind starting a new one.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BootNShoot
    We are exclusively double tight, so if you can't find it I wouldn't mind starting a new one.
    Coach, I'd be interested to hear what you do out of the double tight set and why you like to use the double tight set as your basis.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachSchelb
    Coach, I'd be interested to hear what you do out of the double tight set and why you like to use the double tight set as your basis.
    Coach...we run the traditional plays out of double tight. We run trap, sweep, waggle, belly, down, and down pass.

    We like being double tight because it spreads the defensive front. It also forces some teams to get out of their base defense. For example, we see a lot of 3-3-5 teams on film due to our league being primarily spread. We will then see a 5-3, or a 6-2 when they play us. That means they either have to substitute someone in, or play someone out of position.

    With that said, there are some limitations. We don't have a great passing game. If we happen to get behind in a game (significantly), we really can't throw the ball to try and make a comeback. There is always some give and take to what you do, that is ours. We think with our philosophy of running the ball and taking time off the clock, we can keep games close so we don't have to be in that position.

    I'm not saying what we do is revolutionary, or even something that every Wing-T team should do. It just fits our kids and the style of football we want to play.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BootNShoot
    Coach...we run the traditional plays out of double tight. We run trap, sweep, waggle, belly, down, and down pass.

    We like being double tight because it spreads the defensive front. It also forces some teams to get out of their base defense. For example, we see a lot of 3-3-5 teams on film due to our league being primarily spread. We will then see a 5-3, or a 6-2 when they play us. That means they either have to substitute someone in, or play someone out of position.

    With that said, there are some limitations. We don't have a great passing game. If we happen to get behind in a game (significantly), we really can't throw the ball to try and make a comeback. There is always some give and take to what you do, that is ours. We think with our philosophy of running the ball and taking time off the clock, we can keep games close so we don't have to be in that position.

    I'm not saying what we do is revolutionary, or even something that every Wing-T team should do. It just fits our kids and the style of football we want to play.
    I really like the idea of balancing a team up like that and then making them pick there poison based off how the defense aligns to the gaps presented by double tight.

    Do you much check with me stuff since you are balanced up?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachSchelb
    I really like the idea of balancing a team up like that and then making them pick there poison based off how the defense aligns to the gaps presented by double tight.

    Do you much check with me stuff since you are balanced up?
    It does force a defense to choose a side. We have to develop a good weak side attack because teams will load up on the wing and force us to run the other way.

    We will check with me as long as we feel we have the kids that can handle it. If the kids are getting confused, we will not do it.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •