Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adapting the Spinner Series to the Wing T

Default Adapting the Spinner Series to the Wing T

Coaches: I spoke at the Atlanta Glazier Clinic this past week-end... on our Spread Shotgun Wing T Package. The Glazier people asked me if I would spend some time on installing the "Spinner Series" as part of the Spread Shot/Wing Package. Upon completing some research and presenting the talk... I am VERY intrigued!
    My question: have any of you Wing T coaches adopted the Spinner into your Wing T offense and, IF so.. what have you learned about it???. I'm interested to hear what you have to share. Thanks!
    In Christ,
    Lew

Bill Zwaan at West Chester University uses the same "Spinner" technique in his shot gun offense. The QB turns his back to the defense when he hands the football off.

3. Default

we are in the process of adding wing t stuff to our spinner offense, same idea, just coming at it from different directions. nothing finalized yet, we are going to glazier clinic in Denver to see rich erdelyi(spelling?) to work out details. after this weekend, maybe we can post how we intend to integrate the two.

4. Default It might be the best change if you want to win

Last summer at our Private Camp at Md. School for The Deaf our coaches taught the Spin Series. They went undefeated and I believe scored 450 Points.Wheeling Central Catholic one of our camp Alumni put it in this year and won the state Championship. of West Va. I talked on it at the Erie Wing T clinic and I had over 100 request for my clinic notes that I have on my attachments. If interested E mail me and ask for the Spin Series Attachment at E mail clkb5401@comcast.net Chuck Klausing

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Lew J
    Coaches: I spoke at the Atlanta Glazier Clinic this past week-end... on our Spread Shotgun Wing T Package. The Glazier people asked me if I would spend some time on installing the "Spinner Series" as part of the Spread Shot/Wing Package. Upon completing some research and presenting the talk... I am VERY intrigued!
    My question: have any of you Wing T coaches adopted the Spinner into your Wing T offense and, IF so.. what have you learned about it???. I'm interested to hear what you have to share. Thanks!
    In Christ,
    Lew
    Coach: This is just bringing the Wing-T full circle, back to the Single Wing and its fullback full-spin series.

Keep us posted on the progress of your research!

Regards,

Ted Seay
    Vienna, Austria

Default Hi Coach!

Yes.. Ted, for us "old guys!!"--- I DO remember the Single Wing and even ran it in the early 60's when I was in junior high school! I did some research on it and used that in my introduction during my talk so these "young guys" would know that there's really nothing new.. just borrowed and refurbished.
    I like what Coach Wiener is doing down in Louisiana. He has a couple of articles in Amr. FB Magazine.
    If you have anything to pass on, let me know!
    Blessings,
    Lew

Coach Lew:
    Is the only real difference the mechanics of the QB in that he turns his back in the Spinner Series, but stays forward-facing in your offensive scheme?

Coach: yes... I'd say that is the major difference. When I think Jet Sweep from the Gun, I think of the hand-off occurring in front of the qb.. but "Jet" Sweep from the Spinner Series is a reverse pivot by the qb and hand off behind him.
    Blessings,
    Lew

Default Why?

Why be in the gun?

I could see how turning the QB's back could cause problems with playaction/run reads for the defense. I would imagine that most teams that implement such a technique do not have an expansive drop-back passing game that goes beyond 3-step/quick game. Besides, the Spinner Series is based more on Bucksweep principles than Jet, which lends itself to turning the QB's back.

Thread Information