Thread: Jet Motion Question

Default Jet Motion Question

Need to understand when to send Halfback in motion on Jet Sweep play. Our cadence is rhythmic. SET (pause) Ready (pause) GO-GO-GO. On our Rocket Sweep our Halfbacks go on SET and it times up perfectly. Thanks in advance

Default Motion

Brad: Do you only snap the ball on the 3rd Go?
    I'd suggest "experimenting" and seeing where the Slot is when the ball is snapped and then work backwards to when he needs to leave.
    Lew

Quote Originally Posted by brad bishop
    Need to understand when to send Halfback in motion on Jet Sweep play. Our cadence is rhythmic. SET (pause) Ready (pause) GO-GO-GO. On our Rocket Sweep our Halfbacks go on SET and it times up perfectly. Thanks in advance
    In shotgun, I can tell you ours got a lot better when we started kicking them in motion then going on 1. As in "down, set, hut".

Go on first sound. We just simply have the qb give him the foot to start the motion and when he loses sight of the wing in motion he says Red (start of our cadence). You don't have to run thru the whole cadence make it easy and go on the first sound.

I agree with Coach. Do it on the first sound. Don't complicate things.
    Just my opinion.
    Ed Sadloch
    Head Football Coach
    Cedar Grove (NJ) H.S.

Coach, we teach our kids to start on the "sis" in Set. We use the start of the B gap as the landmark. If our kid can fly we widen his alignment to achieve the landmark.

Thread Information