Thread: Between tackles runs

1. Default Between tackles runs

Anyone familiar with Coach Murphy shotgun wing t, I was wondering what compliments are run between the tackles? We ran buck pretty well but didn't have much other than that.
    Javier Valdes
    Head Football Coach
    Mater Academy Lions
    coachjavi71@yahoo.com
    Miami, FL

2. Default

Coach,

One of the runs I know he will use a lot is what he calls belly-blast, with the wing back in motion and running belly to the weak side with the dive back inserting as the lead blocker and the wing back carrying. He loves counter criss-cross with the dive back handing to the wing back, and will run QB belly with no motion.

We have run down to the dive back with jet motion from the slot, and QB trap. Down was good, QB trap not as much....

I have contacted Coach Murphy before, and he is very open to helping if he can.

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Good thread.

Here is some of the things we have run.

Flash - Inverted Veer with Power Blocking to SE with Jet QB Keep Option.
    QB Belly - W/Jet Fake and No mo.
    Power
    QB Trap Off the JEt
    QB Counter Trey Off the Jet to TE
    Trap to Diveback.
    QB Power to SE.
    22 Sweep off Jet Fake.
    QB Counter off Sweep Fake with XX Blocking
    Cntr. XX
    QB Down Off tthe JEt to TE.
    Would be looking into a Wrap Scheme to both TE and SE to the Diveback.
    Bryan Schaumloffel
    Bucksweep.com and Spreademandshredem.com

Quote Originally Posted by bucksweep
    Good thread.

Here is some of the things we have run.

Flash - Inverted Veer with Power Blocking to SE with Jet QB Keep Option.
    QB Belly - W/Jet Fake and No mo.
    Power
    QB Trap Off the JEt
    QB Counter Trey Off the Jet to TE
    Trap to Diveback.
    QB Power to SE.
    22 Sweep off Jet Fake.
    QB Counter off Sweep Fake with XX Blocking
    Cntr. XX
    QB Down Off tthe JEt to TE.
    Would be looking into a Wrap Scheme to both TE and SE to the Diveback.
    Bryan, when you run just regular Power is that to the Diveback to the TE side? If so, who is the kickout block on the DE?

When you are running the QB off of Jet action, how much of a mesh is he getting with the Jet fake?

We just dabbled in some gun stuff this year, but depending on who our QB is next year it might be something we do more of.

We ran the following inside the tackles:
    1 - QB Belly off of Jet action (by far our best play in the Gun)
    2 - QB Down, both with No-Mo and with Jet action away (if we did Jet away, we off-set the FB str)
    3 - QB Counter/Counter Trey (we repped this alot in practice but never called it in a game)
    5 - Counter to the WB off of Sweep action (again, repped it in practice but never called in a game)
    4 - Trap to FB (this was ok, its something we are going to work on to speed up)
    5 - Down to the FB (really didn't like this play out of the gun, was way too slow and the FB didn't like the angle he was running it at. if anyone has thoughts on this I'd be interested).

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSchelb
    Bryan, when you run just regular Power is that to the Diveback to the TE side? If so, who is the kickout block on the DE?

When you are running the QB off of Jet action, how much of a mesh is he getting with the Jet fake?
    We would flip the diveback to the Power side.

We are pretty good with the mesh. We snap the ball when the Jet hits the tackle.
    Bryan Schaumloffel

We would flip the diveback to the Power side.

We are pretty good with the mesh. We snap the ball when the Jet hits the tackle.
    We like the QB to Mesh for two slide steps. Same for QB Belly and Flash.
    Bryan Schaumloffel

We like the QB to Mesh for two slide steps. Same for QB Belly and Flash.
    That's exactly how we do ours as well.

Have seen some teams not really even mesh with Jet back at all, more of the true spread teams" in our area, the QB just catches the snap and lets the back clear then goes. I think maybe there is an advantage in the speed that a play hits but obviously you give something up with deception.

Quote Originally Posted by nmballcoach
    Coach,

One of the runs I know he will use a lot is what he calls belly-blast, with the wing back in motion and running belly to the weak side with the dive back inserting as the lead blocker and the wing back carrying. He loves counter criss-cross with the dive back handing to the wing back, and will run QB belly with no motion.

We have run down to the dive back with jet motion from the slot, and QB trap. Down was good, QB trap not as much....

I have contacted Coach Murphy before, and he is very open to helping if he can.

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Coach, how did you time up Down to the Dive back from the Gun? Its been our best between the tackles run the last 4 years and I'm not sure I'm ready to give that up to go more gun?

It was really good to the QB for us, but awful to the Diveback due to the timing issues.

10. Default

We had the QB shuffle downhill on the jet fake to close the gap between the dive back and the hole. The dive back just sprinted as fast as he could to the C gap, and the QB shuffled down toward the hole, so the mesh was near the LOS. The timing was a little different than the UC Down play, but with the full speed sprint from the dive back, the down hill shuffle from the QB and the jet fake widening the DE, it worked out pretty well.

Thread Information