Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Hybrid Wing Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconKlemme View Post
    I cannot say enough good things about what information our staff got from Jim and Glen's clinic. Great philosophy, down to Earth coaches, great community, well worth it all. Most of all, Jim's view of offense works. We had some great success after we implemented some of his ideas into our offense. The trip to NY is well worth it.
    Deacon
    Thanks for the compliments. I wish you could come to this one as well. If you remember how I think and what I did with this hybrid wing offense in terms of calling/planning and practicing it that is one of its kind, then you can appreciate the fact that what I discovered with shotgun (after years of working on it) is something unique as well. Can not wait to discuss these things at the clinic as well.

Coach Correa
    Look forward to helping you and your staff as well.
    Coach Wright

Coaches
    To those coaches who are coming:
    1.We are two weeks away and so please email me your numbers by April 21st the latest. I need that info in order to get the food count done. pbcoachwright@gmail.com

2. You pay the fee at the door and then after we will take a donation if you like the clinic. No need to mail checks or pay before.

UPDATES:
    GLEN is going to install all of the coverages with my players after Lunch up on our playing field. So this will be a live presentation of his past coverages as well as his new ones.

I am also going to cover R.P.O. aspects of our gun offense as well as the other things listed in the other posts.
    Look forward to a great day of football
    Coach Wright

Really wish I could come out this year. Both Coaches Wright and McNew give their best at clinics and I never fail to learn something new listening to them. This is a great clinic.

Coaches
    This Saturday is right around the corner. We have got a great clinic planned for Saturday. We are going to shove an entire weekend of football into one day. Here is how it is pretty much going to breakdown for the offensive stuff:
    830am: Register and Breakfast.
    900am: Begin Clinic
    Offensive Line play- The systematic progression of how we get our OLINE to block this offense. We will show you how to eliminate all of the wasted drills and what ones are the most effective. We have had three all-state offensive linemen and currently have three playing at the D1 level.
    10:00am:
    Quarterback: How to teach the option QB and Passing drills progression that is fast and easy that we use it with our 7th and 8th graders and have them throwing in no time at as well.
    11:00am:
    RED-WHITE-BLUE game planning-this is the talk I have done all over the country. As far west as LA the midwest and even northwest by Minnesota. This is the key to organizing the whole thing
    12:00pm:
    LUNCH and Questions with both Glen and I
    1:00pm:
    ROCKET AND BELLYSWEEP- This is our bread and butter. It is the key to our success and championship. We like to think we do it pretty darn well.
    2:00pm:
    BELLY AND OPTION RUNS: How we take the best from the Zone and Option world without all of the hard work. In other words, making it inexpensive and cheap to add.
    3:00pm:
    SALLY and SALLY OPTION
    4:00pm:
    SHOTGUN OFFENSE: FORMATIONAL DESIGNATION ORGANIZATION: I really excited to be talking about this for the 1st time.
    5:00pm:
    SHOTGUN OFFENSE: TWO MAN PASSING GAME
    6:00PM:
    DINNER
    7:00pm: (OPTIONAL) We have two staffs coming in for just this talk and if the coaches who attend wish to stay and be a part of this may.
    SHOTGUN OFFENSE: RUN PASS OPTION AND HOW TO KEEP IT INTACT

GLEN is going to cover the entire 4-2-5 defense and after lunch he is going to install all of the coverages and secondary play with my current high school players. My kids are really excited about this and this is a RARE opportunity for coaches to see one of the best at work.
    THIS IS WORTH YOUR TIME FOR THE CLINIC ALONE!!!
    Glen and I are both staying around all night Saturday and we have the facility until 11pm. So we will stay the entire time if need be to talk with coaches and make sure you get everything from us.
    This is all for $30 and we are even going to FEED YOU three meals as well. If you like what you got from the clinic then make a donation to our expenses. If not then it costs you nothing but your meals.

Planning the menu now mmm.......

TO THOSE COACHES ATTENDING
    -Please email we at pbcoachwright@gmail.com with your:
    Name
    School
    Level
    How many?
    I need to have a food count done by Tuesday so we can feed you guys.
    FINAL NOTE
    We are also going to setup a coaches social on Friday for those coaches arriving in the evening. We will eat and drink and talk about football and life.
    HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE
    Coach Wright

Coaches
    I apologize that I did not give out the social info for tonight. We are going to:
    buffalo wild wings
    middletown NY
    Glen and I will be there starting at 8pm. See you there.
    Thanks
    Coach Wright
    Last edited by JWright; 04-24-2015 at 01:24 PM.

I really enjoyed being at this clinic today. The 2 coaches that I went with talked about it all the way back home to Connecticut. A lot of fresh ideas & concepts to really think about & adapt to your program. Both Jim & Glenn do a great job & it is a pleasure to hear them speak. The chili way very good too.

It was really worth the drive up there Coach Wright has a unique outlook and way about his Hybrid WT. His clinic made me open my eyes up and made me realize our system is a Hybrid also and that it's okay to do thing's that work for you. As long as Coach Wright offer's the the Clinic my staff will be in attendance Food was awsome his presentation's, live demonstration's, chalk talk and personality made this clinic a great investment and i'm more than grateful. Coach Wright thank's for having us and hope you do this again everyone on my staff gained some knowledge today once again Thank You.

Coaches
    I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves at the clinic. The majority of the coaches I spoke with expressed to me that they thought they have heard it all, but realize that what we are doing is not something they have seen before at any clinic or on any DVD. After the clinic we had a group of coaches remain and they asked to see an entire game of our FORMATIONAL DESIGNATION in action. The reaction to what they saw was proof to me that we are on the right track. I want to personally apologize to all of them and those who attended for not offering this latest stuff to purchase or take home, other than notes taking at the clinic. I was pleased to be able to offer our past parts of the offense and I hope to help you in anyway with those parts.
    Glen and I had a discussion about stances that evening and I wish I had known earlier, but he had video of the technique that we use and yes the kids were pulling just fine if not faster. However, it was after the fact. Trust me use those techniques for yourself.

Just a reminder in case you missed it or forgot:
    QB play designation is based on defensive lineman physical qualitative criteria of lower body and keys RED and WHITE aspects. This is especially important with a 50 defense though does not apply to a stack due to placement of 20/40 of 2nd level defender.

Remember the hidden designations that the overlap players create as well. Do not just lock into the basic designations. Utilize the hidden ones as much if not more than the apparent ones and remember to make a list of what advantages and disadvantages they offer.

Once again I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting all of you. If those who attended have questions please PM me your email and I will send you responses via email.

SPECIAL THANKS TO GLEN MCNEW!!!
    **He is one of my closest friends, mentor and Role Model he never stops impressing me with his knowledge of football and LIFE!! His new stuff was nothing less than AWESOME and this was the majority opinion of everyone at the clinic. I am constantly trying to model both his behavior as a Football coach, Husband and Father. I can not say Grandfather because thank god I have not had that pleasure yet, but I know I will try to model that behavior as well when I do.. He spent the entire day with coaches covering his defense and even went out on the field with my players and installed the coverages with them (can not wait to hear what they have to say). I just wanted to say THANK YOU publicly because I know how much energy this takes out of you physically to do this. God Forbid you ever to it half fast. We all know that is not going to happen. I can not thank you enough.
    Yours in football
    Coach Wright

I've been wanting to go to this clinic since Coach Wright started doing it. I finally got it to work for us. The drive from KY was well worth it. The biggest drawback was having so much to cover in such a short period of time. That's just the nature of the beast though and is not a knock on the clinic. I could of stayed for days and would of still been asking questions or asking for demonstrations. It did help reinforce the direction we are going as a program and I got a bunch of little details. To me that is what it is about. Getting those little details that might not appear important or that you wont find other places. I'm hoping to turn this into a yearly thing. I'm also hoping to be able to start networking with the guys at the clinic to share ideas. I also don't blame Coach Wright for not letting the other stuff out on DVD.

I must say that the highlight (no offense to Coach Wright) was meeting Coach Mcnew. He got me during lunch and showed me the clips Coach Wright was talking about. I got the pleasure to sit next to him on Friday and talk and spent some time Sat with him. Great coach and guy.

Thank you to both Coach Wright and Coach McNew for putting this on and for everything.

Thread Information