Thread: Pulling guards opposite the Jet Motion!

Default Pulling guards opposite the Jet Motion!

When running the Jet, does anyone pull guards opposite to give a false read to the defense?

Quote Originally Posted by coacho View Post
    When running the Jet, does anyone pull guards opposite to give a false read to the defense?
    We've never done it but it something I'm looking at after hearing Rick Stewart and Blair Hubbard talk about it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSchelb View Post
    We've never done it but it something I'm looking at after hearing Rick Stewart and Blair Hubbard talk about it.
    What did Hubbard and Steward say about it?

We learned a play called GOS (Guards On Sideline) from Glen McNew many years ago. Both guards pulled towards their respective sidelines and the full back read the center's block.
    It is a play that you use when the defense is reading, or even grabbing/tackling your pulling guards.

Quote Originally Posted by EM44 View Post
    What did Hubbard and Steward say about it?
    The big thing they both said is that it can really screw with teams who are reading your guards since alot of times your guards aren't getting in front of this play anyway.

6. Default

We have done it with our Rocket. When ILB's are reading Guards really hard, it can slow them down a bit. We have gotten a few defenders with it, but a lot of them see the ball and pursue anyway. It is easy to add and might work depending on how much the defense is reading your guards. We don't run much jet, but as long as your Front side Guard doesn't get in the way of the handoff, I don't think it would be any different.

The first time that I tried that, we scored a TD. We handed the ball to the FB and he scored untouched. We also had some success running Buck Sweep and Waggle while pulling the guards in the same direction, but away from the play. We also run reverse plays and pull both guards opposite the ball carrier. It has been very good for us.

Coach, I have two questions: Can you run the Buck opposite the Jet motion? Is it better to the TE or Split-side?

Yes we call it Jet Guards Opposite, good against reading teams.
    Bryan Schaumloffel
    Bucksweep.com and Spreademandshredem.com

Yes, we just called it Jet Wing Reverse. We have the FB lead the play & crack with the SE.

Thread Information