Thread: "Flex-Wing"

Default "Flex-Wing"

Anyone have any experience in mixing Triple Option and base Wing T plays from a "Flexbone" ("Flex-Wing!!!!") formation?

The school I'm consulting with is trying it and I have to say that I find it intriguing! The HC is running true triple (read all the way) with 20 series plays, belly and down! He even told me that he'd try Criss Cross!!!!

Just wondering if any of my bucksweep.com buddies have messed with combining the 2 packages!!!

Thanks,
    Lew

We never have but I remember Pat Fox (Michigan HC) doing it and producing some videos on it from Coaches Choice.

Lew-
    I toyed with some option in 2012 adding ISV to our attack. During this time we didn't use a TE. We were a BIG rocket/Belly team and it blended nice. I used simplified rules I borrowed from Coach Wright.

It sounds like the team you are working with is similar to Army/Navy. Last season we added midline (double) as a change up.

Chris
    Chris Cuomo
    Offensive Coordinator
    East Haven High School
    East Haven, CT

Quote Originally Posted by lewjohnston View Post
    Anyone have any experience in mixing Triple Option and base Wing T plays from a "Flexbone" ("Flex-Wing!!!!") formation?

The school I'm consulting with is trying it and I have to say that I find it intriguing! The HC is running true triple (read all the way) with 20 series plays, belly and down! He even told me that he'd try Criss Cross!!!!

Just wondering if any of my bucksweep.com buddies have messed with combining the 2 packages!!!

Thanks,
    Lew
    Coach
    That is something we have done extensively for about 7 years now. Let me know if you need anything.
    Coach Wright

Default Flex-Wing

Coach Wright: Can you send me a practice schedule where you're working on [I]both[I] packages, please? My email is: coachlewj@gmail.com.
    Thanks Jim,
    Lew

Thread Information