Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach Chuck Klausing Passes Away

Default Coach Chuck Klausing Passes Away

Legendary coach Chuck Klausing passed away this afternoon. I knew coach for 50 years. He hired me in 1985 at Carnegie Mellon University and for that I will be eternally grateful. I worked many camps for and with Chuck over the years and was able to hire his grandson Jeff Simmons on our offensive staff at Carnegie Mellon 12 years ago. Jeff is still coaching there and he and I continue to do summer camps together and talk weekly. Jeff will continue Chuck's great tradition. Coach was a mentor and friend to many who frequent this site.

Rest in peace coach with a job well done. you have made all of us better!

Rich Erdelyi

So sorry to hear.

I had all of Coach Klausing's videos and had the chance to see him speak at the National Wing T clinic a few years ago along with reading his posts on the site. You could tell he was a very genuine person and that he cared about helping people.

I attended Kiski Camps that Coach Klausing ran. Some of the best memories of my life. He was a great coach who taught me a ton as a high school kid. Great Wing T coach but truly a WONDERFUL human being.

The football world and society lost a great person! RIP Coach!

Thanks for the news. Coach Klausing was a great mentor to many players and coaches. We willl truly miss a man like him. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

One of the most friendly and nicest guys you would ever want to meet. He always wanted to talk wing-t every chance he got. I first met him when Jeff was selling equipment and he held a clinic in MD on Rocket sweep which was new at the time. I spoke at the Pittsburg Nike clinic one time and I sat and talked to him for a couple of hours.

I once heard a wing-t guy say that all of us wing-t coaches were jedi knights, and Coach Klausing was Yoda.

Rest in Peace, Coach

news

8. Default

I only know him through this site. He was always willing to share info and help. RIP, Coach.

Coach Klausing was an awesome person. I worked his camp a few times and roomed with Jeff Simmons. Rest in peace coach! Football lost a legend!
    Bryan Schaumloffel
    Bucksweep.com and Spreademandshredem.com

My condolences!!🙏🙏🙏

Thread Information