Thread: Fritz Shurmur's Eagle 5 LB Defense

Hybrid View

Default Fritz Shurmur's Eagle 5 LB Defense

Gentlemen, I plan to run Fritz Shurmur's Eagle 5 LB as my base defense. I have searched far and wide for anyone that also runs it. Does anyone have any clue who else I could talk to about this? I realize this isn't Wing T oriented, but my high school ran this defense for years and now I'm running it as a head coach but I've failed to find anyone else that will run it to try and get some more coaching points on it.

Thanks for any tips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

Coach Amazon.Com has a link above for the book that can be very helpful. Hopefully it'll provide some assistance with your inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Perry View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

Coach Amazon.Com has a link above for the book that can be very helpful. Hopefully it'll provide some assistance with your inquiries.
    I already have that book. My HS ran that defense for a while. I was just wanting to talk to someone else who has ran it to see some different variations to it.

Oh okay if it helps any, my group ran the 3-3-5 Stack with a run series that had our interior linemen with 3-0-3 look with our outside linebackers with C Gap Assignments while our SS and WS had flat/hook zone responsibility. Our DB's were slow as what so we had to create as many pressure looks while keeping them in cover 3.

Our Mike linebacker were good at scraping off blockers and making plays but our d-linemen were better good at commanding double teams, which helped us in any down and distance scenario.

Thread Information