Thread: Power Sweep vs Power

Default Power Sweep vs Power

I see these terms used, but not sure if I know the difference or if one exists between the two. Anyone able to help clear this up for me? Thanks.

Power is 32 over the TE (Traditional Power Scheme)

Power Sweep is 31 Outside the Wing like Sweep. (You can do it a couple of ways but Delaware would full Fire the line to the call and have the FB replace the PSG's block on Sweep, BSG would still run through the hole and wall of..

Let me know if that helps.
    Bryan Schaumloffel
    Bucksweep.com and Spreademandshredem.com

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 46Bear View Post
    I see these terms used, but not sure if I know the difference or if one exists between the two. Anyone able to help clear this up for me? Thanks.
    For us, Power and Power Sweep are the same play with an adjustment. We try to keep most of the rules the same. Essentially, a line call changes where the double team takes place and who gets kicked out.

Examples-
    * If we get a 4/5 and a 9, we'll double the 4/5 with the PT and TE and we'll kick the 9. That would be Power.

* If we get a 7/6 and a wide 9, we'll double the 7/6 with the TE and Wing and we'll kick the wide 9. That technically would be Power sweep.

Hope that made sense.

like they said above...but for us it's:

power hits c gap, we post lead inside and pull at least the guard thru. see 32/38 in the wing t blue bible.

for power sweep we still run 31/39 but block it post lead, just a hole further out.

i've seen alot of teams just gap it and get wide, back makes same cut as 21/29.

especially nowadays with all the ganged up looks it's a safe way to get to D gap and conflict the guy who's getting stalked on jet/rocket.

don't disregard the importance of the "old school" 1 and 9 plays. they mesh very well with the "new" jet and rocket stuff. gun or under center.

get me to summer !

andy cammarano

Thread Information