Thread: Little Things Win Games

1. Default Little Things Win Games

I critiqued a tape yesterday of one of our Camp Alumni.He was a former assiatant and now the head coach.I am so proud of how he taught the Jet Series.His allighnment was great.Good Sweep-trap-and Belly,
    I am sure he spent a lot of time teaching and drilling it.
    Is most of our off season spent on strength? What about the other things.
    E mail me at clkb5401@comcast.net and ask for attachments on
    1.Hazing
    2.Chinese Bandit drills.
    3.Agility Drills
    4.Competition Drills.
    I saw a missed extra point
    Do your kids go to camp to learn the Wing T????Kicking skills should be taught at these camps.
    Do you spend 20 minutes a week blocking punts I did 10 mins on Tues and Wed.
    We blocked so many punts on our 54 games win streak at Braddock our Cheerleaders had a Cheer Punt Opponent Punt.
    Our IUP team blocked 2 punts vs Delaware in the Boardwalk Bowl
    1966 Our Pitt team blocked a N D punt to win in last minute.
    One of my ex players Rey Dempsey coach at S. ILL broke my NCAA record on won the Division 1A title.
    How much time to you spend to score 1 Pt on Extra point?
    How much time do you spend to score 2 Pts on Extra point.
    Chuck Klausing

2. Default Block That Punt!

Chuck:

Do you spend 20 minutes a week blocking punts I did 10 mins on Tues and Wed.
    We blocked so many punts on our 54 games win streak at Braddock our Cheerleaders had a Cheer Punt Opponent Punt.
    Our IUP team blocked 2 punts vs Delaware in the Boardwalk Bowl
    1966 Our Pitt team blocked a N D punt to win in last minute.
    Truer words were never spoken. I spent last weekend in Kragujevac, Serbia, working with the staff and players of the Kragujevac Wild Boars to improve their execution and schemes as much as I could in limited time.

The single most important thing I gave them was a punt-block scheme that I got from Coach James Vint at Iowa Wesleyan College. They were skeptical that it would work for their team, since they thought it was "too sophisticated".

And it was -- for the punt team. In the practice I saw, the Wild Boars blocked 3 of the first 5 punts attempted, partially blocked another and forced a bad kick on the fifth.

Nothing can have as big an impact on a game for as small an investment in practice time as a good punt block scheme.

The Kragujevac Wild Boars play their first game this weekend -- I hope to hear of success on their part, both in the game and in starting to build a reputation as a punt-blocking defense! I'll give them another block scheme later in the season, so that they never become predictable.

By the way, Chuck, Coach Wally English is living and coaching in Serbia, too -- in Belgrade.

Best regards,

Ted Seay
    Vienna, Austria

Default Well....???

OK Coach Seay,
    Don't just leave us hanging...

What is this great punt blocking scheme...???

Thanks,
    Be great!
    Frank Laratta
    FrankLaratta@Live.com

4. Default Blocking Punts

Quote Originally Posted by CoachLaratta
    OK Coach Seay,
    Don't just leave us hanging...

What is this great punt blocking scheme...???

Thanks,
    1.Study of opponents protection to see if they have a weak protector. All teams have.
    2. Vs weak protecto put your best rusher.
    3. Work on get off. Many centers wind up to snap the ball.
    4.Study the point were the ball comes off the punters foot.
    5.Rush to avoid roughing the punter.
    6. After your block the punt peddle the ball and pick up on the run.
    7. My personal drill was to stand the depth of our opponents punter. Nod to the rusher that the ball was being snapped.I imitated my opponents punter taking his step and meeting the ball.If my rusher missed he had to sprint pick up the ball and bring it back to me.
    8. Once an athlete ruff me so I starte to put a steel chair in a position to avoid me.
    9, The 10 mins I did on tues and Wed paid off
    Chuck Klausing

Thread Information