Thread: 2009 National Wing-t Clinic- New- New -new

1. Default 2009 National Wing-t Clinic- New- New -new

Coaches, We are Pleased to announce that we are making some changes for the 2009 National Clinic. The biggest change is that we are moving to Pittsburgh Pa. We are doing this for 3 major reasons. First, the weather, moving to Pittsburgh will just about eliminate any weather issues that we have had to face the last three years. Second, Travel, more and more coaches are flying to the clinic, the average air fare will be roughly $100 cheaper flying to Pittsburgh and will be a lot more convenient. Lastly, We have had hotel issues. Our new hotel the Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Airport is basically shutting down to host the National Clinic. Their bar and Restaurant will be converted into our Hospitality Room for the weekend. They have wonderful meeting space and offer more guest rooms. We had outgrown the Erie Hotel. The Holiday Inn is just a much nicer, newer building that is a better venue for you. The area is easily accessable for those that drive and offers some nightlife for those that choose to relax a little after a day of wing-t football. The hotel has agreed to keep the rate down also at $74.99 per night. Everything else will be the same, Great Speakers, Hospitality Room, Friday Night Pizza Buffet, Saturday Morning Breakfast Buffet all included in your clinic rate of $80. We are in the process of updating the web site www.nationalwingtclinic.com. This years clinic will take place Friday and Saturday January 23,24, 2009. The Holiday Inn is now accepting Reservations, their web site is www.hipittsburgh.com. The main reason Herm and I decided to make this change was for you, the coaches who attend. We have never been more excited and committed to bringing you the best weekend of wing-t football possible. As soon as the changes are made to the web site and we start to finalize speakers we will share all the information with you. Please, if you would like to request a speaker, please post that here or email us at nationalwingt@gmail.com I hope you all have a safe and relaxing summer. Please feel free to share your thoughts about how we can make the National Clinic better. Thanks Dave and Herm
    Last edited by David McDonald; 05-19-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Well I guess it looks like another excuse to head to the 'burgh for a weekend....still would be nice to have to only travel a few blocks to the clinic

sign me up! I suppose in some ways i'll miss that "erie" feeling, but it seems like there are only positives making this move.
    See you all there next winter!
    Metz
    Marcelo Metzelar
    www.coachmetz.com
    coachmetz.proboards85.com

Default let's go !

sounds good ! the move south to a warmer climate should provide a vacation atmosphere .add the wing-t,some beer, some pizza. it doesn't get any better than this. why wait till next year let's do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Metz
    I suppose in some ways i'll miss that "erie" feeling,
    Yep. I like to visit Molly Brannigans for some good Irish food and see the lake, but my in-laws have a place in western NY, so I can get that some other time.

Coach Gallagher, take it easy now! I'm still trying to mentally digest your clinic talk from THIS year!
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

Thumbs up

I just visited Molly Brannigans' website. They have a restaurant in Pittsburgh, too!

Not to get all emotional here, but the National Wing-T Clinic is something special to me. For the first few years I coached on a Wing-T team, I basically thought about getting the kids in the same places as the Xs and Os on the playsheet. I had no understanding of "the system." I was the defensive coordinator, and was content with what I thought I knew about the offense.

Fast forward to to a time where I thought I should have a better understanding of the Wing-T. (I'm the head coach of a 7th grade team.) I started "researching" on the internet and came across the National Wing-T Clinic. I took a personal day, spent my own money, and headed up to Erie.

I saw Coach Herman talk, as well as Coaches Creehan and Gallagher. All the stuff I thought I knew started to click. I came back with a whole new attitude. These guys gave clinics that I could apply to MY kids, not SEC studs.

At our varsity's youth clinic, I was showing some kids about how Coach Gallagher teaches WBs to block DEs. The varsity coach noticed and wondered what the hell I was doing. Well, after all my glorifying of this clinic, I came with five other coaches this year. The head coach, after a session, is making all this ruckus about a great blocking method he had just seen demonstrated in Coach Gallagher's clinic. He points at me and shouts, "That's what Don was talking about at camp last year!"

What I learned has spread throughout the whole program. My enthusiasm has fired up my assistants. I have the National Wing-T Clinic to thank for that. My thanks go out to Coaches McDonald and Herman for running the clinic and for the impact it has had on my life.
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

Thread Information