Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back In Coaching!

Default Back In Coaching!

To: My BuckSweep.com Coaching Friends-
    I wanted to let as many of my coaching colleagues know my good news as conveniently as possible... so I decided that "our" forum would be the best way!
    After retiring from High School coaching after the 2006 season, I am getting back into working with kids but... on a different level! I have agreed to take over our local Middle School (7th and 8th grade) football program. My pastor calls it "Football Lite... LESS filling!!!" The season is shorter and we fly under the radar as far as publicity so there's less pressure. I can just enjoy what I like best: helping kids become better people and better players!
    I will continue to be available to answer any questions you might have on the web site so keep 'em coming!
    I am excited to be in "semi-retirement" and enjoy what I love most!
    Blessings,
    Coach Lew

Coach,
    This is great news! Congratulations! Keep us posted on your season, I know I will be excited to read your updates!
    1K Blessings,
    Metz
    Marcelo Metzelar
    www.coachmetz.com
    coachmetz.proboards85.com

Default Congrats...

Hi Lew.

Glad to see your post. My first two thoughts.

1) Great for him... I can sense the excitement.
    2) Wow... that MS is pretty darn lucky. How many MS teams can have that level of coaching?

Still appreciate all the help you gave me last year.

Thanks and good luck!

Dave

4. Default Back In Action...

Great to hear Lew!! Thank goodness we have people like you who know what coaching is REALLY about!!!!! A great X & O guy and an even better person!!! Congrats....

CHANCE...

Lew,

Excellent news ! Congrats on your new position in this "new stage of life". I understand exactly what you are going through. After spending a whole career in the football coaching profession it is tough to walk away from it and completely retire. This being "semi-retired" takes some adjusting to but once you get acclimated to it can be a great thing. Best wishes !

Denny Dierick

As a middle school coach, I'd rather not see you with a clipboard on the other sideline...
    wingtcoach.com
    @wingtcoachdon
    #wingtchat

7. Default Youth Coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Lew J
    To: My BuckSweep.com Coaching Friends-
    I wanted to let as many of my coaching colleagues know my good news as conveniently as possible... so I decided that "our" forum would be the best way!
    After retiring from High School coaching after the 2006 season, I am getting back into working with kids but... on a different level! I have agreed to take over our local Middle School (7th and 8th grade) football program. My pastor calls it "Football Lite... LESS filling!!!" The season is shorter and we fly under the radar as far as publicity so there's less pressure. I can just enjoy what I like best: helping kids become better people and better players!
    I will continue to be available to answer any questions you might have on the web site so keep 'em coming!
    I am excited to be in "semi-retirement" and enjoy what I love most!
    Blessings,
    Coach Lew
    Congratulations We need you back in coaching. You might enjoy this more than any other level. The kids need you. Chuck Klausing

Like they say "Everytime you try to leave, they pull you back in". CONGRATS!

Lew,
    Great to hear!!!!
    Chris Cuomo
    Offensive Coordinator
    East Haven High School
    East Haven, CT

Default great news

good to hear- best of luck !

Thread Information