Thread: Double dive (1st man, 2nd man)

1. Default Double dive (1st man, 2nd man)

Any one have a concise set of rules they use for this series. Want to look at it in spring.

We'd run it out of Red with a 3 step motion from the Right Half.

We'd call this 624 Double Dive. 600 Red Formation, 20 Series for us, 4 Hole.

BST: Reach Block Playside, Up to Backer
    BSG: Reach Block Playside, Up to Backer
    C: Reach Block Playside, Up to Backer
    PSG: Rip past any man on the line and block near backer
    PST: He will get his head in the hole for any man from a 4 tech out, if there is no one lined up in a 4,5, 7 or 6 he'd go to backer. Against a decent 4 tech this can be a real challenging block, because all the flow is telling him to go that way. This works best with a 1,2,3, or I tech DT.
    Y: Same rules as the PST, except he accounts for the 6 or 9 tech. The 6 is less of an issue than the 4 is for the PST.
    FB: He is going to first step with his left foot forward and across so that it clears his right, so that he's on a track for the two hole, and to clear the mid-line for the QB. He's going to dive right off the hip of the C and truck the first defender that shows. DO NOT AVOID THE HIT. He is accounting for the unblocked man the guard let through.
    WB: Go into three step motion and insert between the PSG and PST. ISO block the first backer to show.
    HB: Flat Step, Cross Over, gain a tiny bit of depth on the step three, then banana into the hole, taking the hand-off and reading the lead block of the WB.
    QB:Open playside with his first step pointing at 5 o' clock and head and shoulder ride the FB into the 2 hole, then quickly swing back out and give to the HB, fake waggle backside.

This play can be killer if you've got a talented FB that's drawing a lot of attention. It completely relies on the fake to the FB - if that DT doesn't believe it you've probably got a fumble in the backfield as the unblocked DT is going to crush your QB as he swings back to the HB. The FB has to hit the hole fast right off the center's hip because a fast penetrating DT can blow up the mesh if the FB and QB are taking their time.

This is also a good one if backers are heavy guard readers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aB93HRQGco
    Go to 3:38 you'll see a great example from a Full T.
    Last edited by GapDownBacker; 03-02-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Bird dog on sound! Chest on your thighs...STEP, FIT, DRIVE!

Contact Denny Diericx - He has been running it for years. He has also posted a mini clinic of it on www.jetsweep.com

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jsanny View Post
    Contact Denny Diericx - He has been running it for years. He has also posted a mini clinic of it on www.jetsweep.com
    Tried to look up the mini clinic and couldn’t access the pdf. Any chance you have those slides?

Coach -- go to Jetsweep website and then check under Mini-Clinics.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Dierick View Post
    Coach -- go to Jetsweep website and then check under Mini-Clinics.
    Thanks coach, I was able to find them. But the pdf attachments are not available. Anyway I can view those? Thanks and the description in that miniclinic thread was great!

Coach -- you might have to personally contact Wes Elrod. I have no idea what happened to pdf. I work on "X and O's daily but just have no skill nor interest in technology. I sent all these presentations to the jetsweep website and they took care of posting these power points. Hope you understand.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Dierick View Post
    Coach -- you might have to personally contact Wes Elrod. I have no idea what happened to pdf. I work on "X and O's daily but just have no skill nor interest in technology. I sent all these presentations to the jetsweep website and they took care of posting these power points. Hope you understand.
    No problem coach! Thank you!

Default PDFs

Coach, send me your email address and I can send you the PDFs. I cannot attach them here because they are too big.

Thread Information