Thread: Buck Sweep both ways

Default Buck Sweep both ways

Just curious if anyone has run Buck both directions out of this set.

X——-—T—G—C—G—T—Y
    ——-H—————-———-—-Z
    -——-—F—--—Q

H & Z are both wings
    X has a compressed split

-F Buck Sweep Right / Q Buck Sweep Left (back away sweep concept)
    -X seals inside with ‘sweep to’ - our standard scheme for Buck Weak
    -Would ideally run this as a check concept
    -Could align the F strong to flip the look (and create some other possibilities)

Seems like this could be interesting. I’ve seen all the pieces work, but I haven’t found a good reference.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Looks good. Delaware used to fake sweep to the SE and run "Waggle Run" back to the TE. Same idea.

Default Buck Both Ways

RAIDERZ: We use this formation/package a lot! We'll run QB Buck "weak" and... put the F over to the TE/Wing side. Then bring the Wing in "pop" motion; fake to F (who fills for the b-s G) and give to the Wing to run Buck Sweep "weak." We love Waggle off of that play also!

Quote Originally Posted by lewjohnston View Post
    RAIDERZ: We use this formation/package a lot! We'll run QB Buck "weak" and... put the F over to the TE/Wing side. Then bring the Wing in "pop" motion; fake to F (who fills for the b-s G) and give to the Wing to run Buck Sweep "weak." We love Waggle off of that play also!
    Thanks Lew. So F is on the trap path, correct? Like it.

Default Buck Both Ways

Yes.... we can set the F to either side of the QB. It depends on where we need him to be on a particular play. You can't get a "read" on him cuz sometimes he leads the play and other times he's filling back-side!
    So.... on Buck Sweep, we set F to the side of the RB who's getting the ball. He fills for the back-side Guard.
    If you'll email me, I'll send you some doc's on the package. I'm at coachlewj@gmail.com
    Blessings,
    Lew

Always good to have a dive/trap threat from the gun. If your QB is tough enough to work that then there's another piece to work with but if not then doing what Coach Lew said with the weakside sweep is good within the system's protocol.

Not from shotgun, but we've compressed our SE in a traditional 1/900 to the field and and run Jet/Rocket to the SE side, Jet/Rocket motion to SE side and sweep back to the TE side when we see odd fronts or 7 techs, or fake Bucksweep to the TE side and run QB sweep back to The SE side vs. a weak 4i.

Thread Information