Thread: Buck Sweep Question

Default Buck Sweep Question

When you run Sweep, if there is a Nose shaded weak side on the Center, we'd call it a Minus tech, does the Center block him or leave him for the FB to pick up? We end up having a lot of these situations. Our C will take him it ends up looking like a double team that I'm not sure is necessary.
    Bird dog on sound! Chest on your thighs...STEP, FIT, DRIVE!

If there is no one in playside A gap then the center can go back and you can have the fb run his trap course into playside A gap.

Quote Originally Posted by coachie View Post
    If there is no one in playside A gap then the center can go back and you can have the fb run his trap course into playside A gap.
    That's what we do as well.

and that would just be a read by the FB to make (- tech means go strong A)? What about if there also is a weak side B gap defender? We see a lot of 5-3s with T-N-T fronts.

That would be the responsibility of the BST. His first rule is to secure BS B gap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSchelb View Post
    That would be the responsibility of the BST. His first rule is to secure BS B gap.
    I see. So what are the rules if there is just a 0 tech Nose. Would you still have the full back go play side A?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GapDownBacker View Post
    I see. So what are the rules if there is just a 0 tech Nose. Would you still have the full back go play side A?
    Good thread here. We try not to deviate from our rules too much. We keep the FB going back side A . If there is a 0 tech, we have the C reach him.

Thread Information