Thread: Shotgun Wing T coaches can you ID these sets?

1. Default Shotgun Wing T coaches can you ID these sets?

Coaches,

Would like to know where I can find source material on these two sets. Anybody seen somebody run them?

------SE------------------T--G--C--G--T--TE
    ------------------------------------- F---------W
    ----------------------------H----Q

------SE------------------T--G--C--G--T--TE
    -----------------------------F------------------W
    ----------------------------H----Q

Thanks in advance,

John

I would treat them exactly like 100 formation in the Delaware. Variable is the fb.

We use them. Problem is you better have a 1v1 pass game to se or better off with the dive in wing position.

Andy Cammarano
    Spotswood nj

Coach, the first one looks very similar to what Tim Murphy runs as his base formation for his Shotgun Double Wing offense.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by andycamm View Post
    I would treat them exactly like 100 formation in the Delaware. Variable is the fb.

We use them. Problem is you better have a 1v1 pass game to se or better off with the dive in wing position.

Andy Cammarano
    Spotswood nj
    Very true!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSchelb View Post
    Coach, the first one looks very similar to what Tim Murphy runs as his base formation for his Shotgun Double Wing offense.
    I find this to be more wing-t that double wing because they maintain the wing-t splits.

Thanks for the reply.

My old friend Herschel Moore ran a set similar to this under center with the H back in a "cheat position" similar to what you have and I think he called it Bear and Bull. Whatever you call your base wing right shotgun formation I would just add Bear for the cheat back right and Bull with the cheat back left.

Right Gun Bear...100 Gun Bear etc. or just name it as a formation just so you and your players understand it...that's what matters...not what other people call it.

Rich Erdelyi

Thread Information