Thread: Help with play calling

Default Help with play calling

Coaches I am trying to come up with a very simple way to help my coaches in the booth help me call plays. My assistants are new to the wing t and they are not always seeing what I would like them to see up stairs. I only have 2 coaches up there so I want to keep it very simple. Here is what I have in mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thought about making a table or grid for each series. with each series we are going to try to call our plays based on the 2 defensive players we have put in conflict. Here is an example. try to envision this in a table. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fell free to criticize my idea.

Buck Series

................................Corner up for run support................Corner playing deep

DE squeezing..............Run- Buck sweep........................... Run- Buck sweep, Down option
    ................................ Pass- Buck Pass............................ Pass-

DE up field..................Run- Down, Power.........................Run- Down, Power
    .................................Pass- Down Pass...........................Pass- Power Pass

Belly Series

................................OB playing inside.............................OB playing outside

DE Tight....................Run- Belly Sweep.............................Run- Belly
    ................................Pass- Belly Pass..............................Pass-

DE Wide................... Run- Jet/Jet Belly..............................Run-Belly
    ...............................Pass- sprint series.............................Pass-
    Last edited by coachmot; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:01 PM.

Thread Information