Bucksweep.com Message Forum >  

Go Back   Bucksweep.com Message Forum > BUCKSWEEP.COM's Message Board
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2008

Default Belly series run out of full house T formation

Coaches,

I am coaching at the mighty mite level this year and want to run the belly series out of the fullhouse T formation. Does anybody have any info on this offense, ie. playbook, good approach for the first 3 weeks of pre-season.
Also film would be great.

Cordially,
Mike
Old 03-24-2008
Bucksweep.com Member

Default Woody Hays Belly Series

Coach Hays ran the belly series from the full house T for years on the goal line. They would alligh close to the Los with narrow splits. The F B first step was to gain width and then belly at his tackle. The blocking on the F B play was man and the lead H B would help block the Tackle. They also had a F B play where the T E and T double teamed inside and the H B kicked out on the End.The next key play was to fake the F B play and the qb who reversed pivot would fake the belly off tackle and keep around the end. The lead H B overblocked the end,They also ran an option with the QB after fakeing the belly and the lead H b blocking the end would then option on the corner.The key play was the pass with the fake of the F B play and the Q B faking the keep, The TE would block in on the Tackle for 2 counts and then run an arrow route about 5 yards deep.This is explained in detail in coach Hays book the Hot Line To Victory. I see many Wing T teams get in this formation on the goal line and run the F B play,Q B keep and Q B pass.
Chuck Klausing
Old 03-24-2008
Bucksweep.com Member

Default Woody Hays Belly Series

Coach Hays ran the belly series from the full house T for years on the goal line. They would alligh close to the Los with narrow splits. The F B first step was to gain width and then belly at his tackle. The blocking on the F B play was man and the lead H B would help block the Tackle. They also had a F B play where the T E and T double teamed inside and the H B kicked out on the End.The next key play was to fake the F B play and the qb who reversed pivot would fake the belly off tackle and keep around the end. The lead H B overblocked the end,They also ran an option with the QB after fakeing the belly and the lead H b blocking the end would then option on the corner.The key play was the pass with the fake of the F B play and the Q B faking the keep, The TE would block in on the Tackle for 2 counts and then run an arrow route about 5 yards deep.This is explained in detail in coach Hays book the Hot Line To Victory. I see many Wing T teams get in this formation on the goal line and run the F B play,Q B keep and Q B pass.
Chuck Klausing
Old 03-24-2008

Send a message via AIM to Coach Metz

Coach,
My last year at Lasalle we ran most of our stuff from the full house t ...
Down Kick Out and belly were our staples, but we also ran quick pitch, follow, option and keep passes. Waggle shovel was great because motion was not necessary. trap and sweep were a bit difficult to run. but we had it in there nonetheless.
Metz
Old 03-24-2008
Bucksweep.com Member

Default History of full house T

1943 The Chicago Bears won the NFL title with full house T.
1950 Paul Brown taught the Bucks Sweep from T. Plays were 121 Sweep. 122 off tackle, 124 Trap,125 Wedge,121 Waggle, Woops 100 meant wing Right,Brown used full house T. to the left he ran 29 Sweep,27 offtackle and 26 trap.
1954 at Braddock H S. we ran 31power sweep,32 power off tackle,39 sweep and 37 off tackle, Still no wing.
1957 Bobby Dodd at Ga Tech taught the open pivot Double dive. To the right the F B hit over RG ,We would hand off or fake to him and give to the LHB over the RT in the 2nd hand off,The Q B coulc fake the DD and keep on play action pass.
1959 We ran Woody Hays belly series, We had a great Q B that kept the ball and ran options. Still no Wing.
Chuck Klausing
Old 03-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegilbert
Coaches,

I am coaching at the mighty mite level this year and want to run the belly series out of the fullhouse T formation. Does anybody have any info on this offense, ie. playbook, good approach for the first 3 weeks of pre-season.
Also film would be great.

Cordially,
Mike

Coach: E-mail me HERE and I will send you a playbook of the Woody Hayes goalline offense (Robust-T Belly series) from 1969. Just put "Fullhouse Belly Series" in the Subject line.

(Happy to provide it to anyone else interested as well.)

Regards,

Ted Seay
Vienna, Austria
Old 03-25-2008

Default full house t

Olivet has some amazing stuff from when jared carrigan was their offensive coordinator. that offense was big in the mid west a few years back. Lots of lead with the fullback and power o.
I have some dvds with plays from some power t teams email me and maybe we could work out a trade, and i could also email you some stuff that has been effective out of that set.
coachjavi71@yahoo.com
Miami, FL